thesingh

Heater Steamy windows

Hi all,

Just wanted some advise on steamy windows and heating. As most of you can relate driving the Rado in the winter is not the ideal car, esp when its cold and windows are steaming up. I was wondering what I could do to improve this? Change the Heater matrix? Is there anything else that could help?

Changing the heater matrix will only make a difference if it's leaking or very blocked, and takes a long time to warm the car. Someone mentioned a kampa damp buster the other day which looks excellent, so may well be worth the investment.

Use shaving foam on the inside of the windows :)

Seriously, it actually works

Thats a good tip. How long does it last ie how often do you need to repeat it?

Thats a good tip. How long does it last ie how often do you need to repeat it?

Not sure, I guess it depends if you wipe the inside of the window wearing the coating off.

Having said that, my bathroom mirror has been steam free for a few weeks, even with me rubbing it with a towel every so often.

Not actually tried it in the car yet

There's a similar trick bikers use to stop the inside of their visor misting up. One single drop of Fairy Liquid on a rag - smear it on the inside of the visor until it dries, and then buff off. I used to do this when i had a bike and it does work...... :)

As for moister soaker upper, i'm using two socks filled with cheapo cat litter had them in a week now and there is now minimal steaming when the car is stood. Just put them on a radiator in the house after a while to dry out, can be used over and over again.

As for moister soaker upper, i'm using two socks filled with cheapo cat litter had them in a week now and there is now minimal steaming when the car is stood. Just put them on a radiator in the house after a while to dry out, can be used over and over again.

Gonna try this if the stuff doesn't smell. Where'd you hide the socks, under the seat?

I made two 'pillows' padded out with holofil fibre stuffed with Silicone Gel in the middle to go on top of the dash. Will post up a picture later.

Thanks for all the replies, good thing that I dont need to do a massive job to resolve the issue. :D ... Im going to give this a go.