delfinis38

Door handle removal

Okay so I've removed the door card, taken the screw out of the back of the door handle, pushed the door handle forward... So how does the door handle come out what's stopping it... Is it connected to something I'm missing don't want to force it

Also is the trim that the top of the door card sits in available. any part numbers ?????

Edited by delfinis38

It wiggles carefully out of the hole !

After unplugging it at the bottom,taking note of how the wires run for when you put it back !

Right,I just took my handle out,undo the screw,push handle forward,the rear should pull out,you may have to "open" the door handle to move the mechanism slightly.

Once the rear is out,the front comes out easy.

Good luck

Think there is some wiring to unplug, but normally do tat once handle is out, i find turning the whole handle upwards 90degrees helps.

Its only that little bit that snaps (door handle repair kit), that moves anything. I used flexistrip to stick my liners on, not sure its the proper thing to use but worked for me.

Thanks will have a play tomorrow..

Any idea about the damaged trim I want, is it available... Finding it hard to find the right bit on VW heritage.

I'm wondering if this is the part I need ? But not sure

https://www.vwheritage.com/shop/corrado/535837476/right-inner-window-scraper-seal-for-corrado-89-95/?crumbStartPage=2&crumbStartRow=22

Found some butyl tape for the liner.

Edited by delfinis38

Yes , that's the part that sits on top of the door card . Butyl tape is great stuff . I use it all the time at work .

I'm struggling to workout why my picture doesn't look like the profile in that link. I assume it's an inner scraper seal. Thought these were obsolete...

If someone can confirm its the correct part I will order new tomorrow.

Edited by delfinis38

The part in the link is the trim that locates on the door, there is a separate trim that slots into the door card and then sits in the trim you have shown.

I think that's what you mean ?

No idea if it's available anywhere, I got one from lilfuzzer

The part in the link is the trim that locates on the door, there is a separate trim that slots into the door card and then sits in the trim you have shown.

I think that's what you mean ?

No idea if it's available anywhere, I got one from lilfuzzer

Thanks harrier, I may of made a big mistake and ordered it. The bit I need is what I've wedged a lolly pop stick in, which the door card fits in. I will have a closer look tomorrow.

I think what you have described.

Probably worth a phone call t see if you can cancel the order, bit of a pain otherwise :(

The pic on Heritage parts , looks like both parts , well thats what its showing . By the look of your pic you need the part that covers the top of the card and sits against the window ? and not the 'u' shaped part it slots on to .

Now im confused . There are two parts at the top of the door card , that slot together . One you cant see and the other is like a cover which covers the top of the card and sits against the window edge .

Yes , looks like you are wanting the top part . As described on heritage , this should be the part you need . Sorry for the confusion .

Omg... Drivers side door handle repair kit installed... And working... Just can't get the oval inspection hatch at the back of the door to fit flush.. I needed to cut the tie wrap and clips for the handle to come out, that's what was preventing me from moving handle.

It's the upper trim that I need that that harrier describes if anyone has one.

see my wanted post

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?93649-window-door-card-inner-trim-late-VR6-needs-to-be-black

Edited by delfinis38