komyles

1995 VW Corrado VR6 180,000 Miles, MOT to September 2016

Body has suffered from being kept outside. It has been T-Cut too many times so rust is bubbling up. I've filled a few areas but I haven't got the time to finish it off. Also it has been kept under a horse chestnut tree so there are a few minor dimples in the roof. Tailgate is from a breakers yard so not an exact colour match. Needs a really good clean!

Starts and runs great but does not start when warm (invariably starts if you temporarily disconnect the fuel supply hose, so I've always been able to drive it home).

5 good tyres, new front discs

Not working: tailgate washer spray, light behind the clock, bonnet release retaining clip (mole-grips supplied with car). Everything else works: Alarm/immobiliser, ABS, central locking, electric spoiler, electric windows, electric sunroof, etc. Battery is on its last legs though.

MOT Advisories: rear brake disks worn but not seriously weakened, nearside ball joint slight play, some engine oil leak, slight corrosion nearside sill (could be repaired without welding).

Great as a rolling restoration or as a hack that still does 0-60 in 7 seconds. Hence, £400 to a good home.

More photos at http://tinyurl.com/zkwkuzb

Full size images by email on request.

Located: Bedale, North Yorkshire, 1 Mile from A1

Keith.

Does it still have a current mot? Just thinking about how I can get it to Glasgow......would it drive that far do you think?

Yes, MOT to Sep 24 2016. It should make the trip but it has a problem starting when warm. I can show you the trick to get it going if this happens. Best have jump leads handy in case the battery dies before it fires though.

Ok mate, could you hold it until next weekend if possible as I doubt I could get there before then. Happy to sort out payment today though

Hi Keith,

Interested in the VR been looking for a good project for a while, are the adviseries from the last mot and does it have a current mot. I would like to get it picked up and trailered down to Devon if you would be happy with that. Thanks Simon.

The advisories are from last September. MOT is good until 24 September 2016. I'll hold it for easypops until Sunday. Because there is much interest, I; won't move on price on the day if you decide you don't like it though.

I am taking it mate, heading down Saturday morning 8)

good man buddy glad going to a fellow like you :)

good man buddy glad going to a fellow like you :)

Thanks mate, appreciate it. I think it can be said that I have the Corrado sickness real bad :lol:

Thanks mate, appreciate it. I think it can be said that I have the Corrado sickness real bad :lol:

haha tell me about it have a aqua blue one now that trying to save

anyway hows the storm coming along!!!

The weather up here has been shocking mate, literal it's rained almost every day since the start of November! Hence no further bodywork been done so I've just been gathering parts, cleaning the interior(dying next week hopefully) got a load of more bits blasted and decided to paint them rather than powdercoating

110327A5-6BE5-45DC-BED0-3550CF9F931B.jpg

958D6C77-B1F3-4F2A-B436-BD53B8FAB983.jpg

looking good them buddy. I painted mine too rather than powder coated

done it in the loft during the winter too!!!

looking good them buddy. I painted mine too rather than powder coated

done it in the loft during the winter too!!!

That's in my workshop mate, the loft is another story, I've got the full interior up there plus half the interior out of the twilight one :lol: , needless to say my missus is very patient :)

Now you're just being greedy!!! :lol:

I know mate, if I was to say that becomes car number 8 at my house, would you say I was a complete lunatic :lol: , getting rid of one of the breakers next weekend to make room for this one, hopefully I can park this one in the yard at work for a short while :)

I know mate, if I was to say that becomes car number 8 at my house, would you say I was a complete lunatic :lol: , getting rid of one of the breakers next weekend to make room for this one, hopefully I can park this one in the yard at work for a short while :)

Do You have time to go to work with all those cars to play with :) respect for saving the latest.

I find one bad enough and a never ending money pit.

Do You have time to go to work with all those cars to play with :) respect for saving the latest.

I find one bad enough and a never ending money pit.

Very little time mate, but time is irrelevant as I know now that I'll almost certainly always own a Corrado.......or 3 :lol: