cmalyan

Boot LED strip light upgrade

So I thought I'd celebrate my 100th post by giving something back the the-Corrado.net community!

It might not be to everyone's taste but I was fed up with the dull yellow light in the boot, so decided to upgrade it!

The parts I used were bits I had already but if not, they are super cheap and readily available on eBay.

Essentially I used a festoon bulb adaptor and then wired this up to some led strip lights.

1. Remove bulb from boot light

2. Feed festoon adaptor behind carpet and through hole which the boot light sits in

3. Put festoon adaptor in place of original bulb

4. Proceed with sticking led strip in desired place.

I haven't stuck down the strips yet, as I wanted some daylight to see what I was doing but all in all, the job took me no more than 10 mins and offers a good even spread of light, simples!

The picture below was taken just now in the dark, with no flash, to give you an idea of the effect.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]83191[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]83192[/ATTACH]

Edited by cmalyan
Missed info!

How are you finding the sub?

Yeah, I'm really impressed - I didn't want a great big sub that filled my boot and rattled the windows, so this was ideal!

I actually bypassed the built in amp in the sub and used the one you can see in the pic, which is also linked to my Alpine SXE-4625S, and the sound is very impressive...

I have a pair of Infinity Kappa 52.9i in the front which are driven by my head unit and overall the sound is very good :)

Yeah, I'm really impressed - I didn't want a great big sub that filled my boot and rattled the windows, so this was ideal!

I actually bypassed the built in amp in the sub and used the one you can see in the pic, which is also linked to my Alpine SXE-4625S, and the sound is very impressive...

I have a pair of Infinity Kappa 52.9i in the front which are driven by my head unit and overall the sound is very good :)

Nice going to get my arse in gear and get one in the summer. My tunes are missing that extra bass.