easypops

Brake compensator Spring

As the title says, looking for the spring thing that goes with the rear compensator valve. I thought I'd get a new one when I ordered the valve itself(a.t.e)but no luck and the only one I can find new is in the USA.

So, does anyone have one new or very close or knows where I could find one?

Old one is technically usable but it's rough

FDBECEC2-9362-4FFB-B5DD-DE05EA5AF405.jpg

I got mine from tps last year when I changed mine. I'll look through the receipts and see if i can find anything

Sorry this does not help you with your search but how do you know when you need to replace your brake compensator valve and what does it do

Mine was rusted solid and had to be drilled and grinded off. So easy for me as all the brake pipes had to be replaced

I got mine from tps last year when I changed mine. I'll look through the receipts and see if i can find anything

Nice one mate, thank you :)

Sorry this does not help you with your search but how do you know when you need to replace your brake compensator valve and what does it do

As Cressa said, mine was very rusty and impossible to remove complete, so the grinder won.

It's function is to(as far as I'm aware) adjust the pressure on the rear brakes so that they get less force than the front brakes, something like 70% front 30% rear.

Hopefully someone will explain that better :lol:

Yeah so the arm of the compensator attaches to the spring which attaches to the rear beam. When more load is applied to the rear (passengers in back or a boot full), the valve opens more allowing more flow and more braking bias toward the tear. So instead of 70:30 you get 60:40 etc based on the amount of weight.

[ATTACH]83217[/ATTACH]I found my receipt. I believe these are some of the parts for its fixings as well

Great stuff guys, thank you.

Jim, I'll see if I can still get this from TPS (just need to try and blag trade prices), if they can no longer get it I'll give you a shout to see if you can find yours :)

Cressa, many thanks for the part numbers etc, should be able to sort it out from that......actually got a TPS 5 mins away from work but the last time I tried to use them they turned me away :lol:

Tps in Nottingham are always welcoming so it's a shame to hear that. If you get no joy I can get what you need and post but good luck