Sign in to follow this  
daves16v

Suggestions for creaking pedal?

I have a creaking clutch pedal that is slowly driving me mad. Anyone else had this? What have you used to cure it that works but doesn't make a mess or drip on to the pedal rubber.

Cheers

Is the creak inside the interior or coming from the engine bay?

Dunno if it's related or not but I traced my creaking pedal to the bell housing, actually inside it! A lot of VR6s do it but as yours is a valver, probably a different cause although the box isn't too dissimilar.

If definitely interior related, the pedal isn't rubbing on the pedal cover is it?

is it the pedal pivot or the piston pivot on the pedal arm?

Mine creaked and had a little movement in it before the clutch disengaged. Turns out the piston rod eyelet had worn into an oval & was sticking on the pedal arm pin.

Dismantled this - put a file in there to open it up a bit then smeared the whole joint in copper grease. Not quite 'as new' but quiet now and no more sticking.

Dunno yet, haven't got down to have a gander, just thought I'd ask first. I'll have a look at the pedal piston aswell.

or........it could just be the lower dashboard plastic......mine made a sound not too dis-similar from the noise u get when you squeeze an empty plastic bottle..... :mad: :mad: :mad: damn annoying.............took it to the local $tealer and they said it was that and it had just warped slightly and bent the trim back a tad.........and silence :wink: