KARMANN

Car won't start whilst working on it.

I'm in the process of changing the rad and fans on the car. But todo so I have reversed the car out of my garage about 10yards. Currently the radiator is removed and coolant drained. The fan is also removed. To do this I removed the battery. But after replacing the battery I wanted to start it quickly to put it back in the garage but the car won't start.bmy question is, with the rad and fan removed would this prevent the engine from starting or is it more likely to be the immobiliser? The engine turns but doesn't fire up.

Fraser

The rad and the fan should make no difference to starting at all . I would check the connections on the battery , make sure they are tight , loose connections will cause problems . Also check the crank sensor , it may be that when removing the rad you could have knocked or pulled on the lead or the plug ? , I'm suggesting the sensor as its in that area . Check any other connections in the rad area , i.e. the leads to the coil , anything you could have snagged on without realising when you were taking parts off . Its very unlikely that a part chose to fail at this moment in time .

Ok I will do. It'll be Friday before I get a chance to push it out again. I will check everything over, hopefully it's something easy.

Fraser

Got it working. Just above the front engine mount there was a few cables with connections. As soon as I touched the middle one it fired right up and has been fine since.

Cheers Fraser