EJ Taylor

Toyo 205 40 16 for sale

My full set of R888s arrived today so I'm Going to have 6 Toyo Proxes 205/40/16 for sale soon. As I'm aware you literally CANNOT get these in this size anymore. I'm just giving a heads up for anyone who might be interested. All with loads of tread. Hardly used and as follows.

4 x 205/40/16 Toyo Proxes T1R

2 x 205/40/16 Toyo Proxes 4

Collection only from Oxford.

I'll post exact tread depths and and so on when I I get them off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tyre compound goes hard after 4 or 5 years ready for bin then...

According to whom?

certainly nowhere near that old.

According to laws of physics. All rubber compounds will deteriorate and harden over time, especially if left standing. Generally tyres go - and quite rapidly after 5 years, which is why you get cracking between tread after a while. Not what you want on track tyres certainly!

I do understand the basics of rubber as a compound, just thought there a bit more to the rule than 4 year then bin, after 5-6 years im aware they can deteriorate. This is one of many factors towards rubber decomposition, also usage, inflation, maintenance, Uv exposure, and more,

That aside, these are nowhere near this age and have been kept on my car that spends 350/365 days a year in a garage. I will get pics n shizz over the weekend when they come off :D

According to laws of physics. All rubber compounds will deteriorate and harden over time, especially if left standing. Generally tyres go - and quite rapidly after 5 years, which is why you get cracking between tread after a while. Not what you want on track tyres certainly!

As he said :)

So, the R888's i have literally just had delivered where made december 2013, should i be contacting the company who supplied them? as according the the 4 years and bin rule they are over half way towards the end of there life span?

Maybe you should, as according to your tyre life expectations you wrote above, they're still over half way through their life expectancy........

When buying new tyres I've never had a tyre that was more than 4-6 months old from manufacture... I only buy a premium brand conti or Mitch. Always check manufacture date.

So, the R888's i have literally just had delivered where made december 2013, should i be contacting the company who supplied them? as according the the 4 years and bin rule they are over half way towards the end of there life span?

i would did you get them cheap ???

i would did you get them cheap ???

Yer, £550, should of been over £600 really, been checking a few tyres since this chat, saw my friend who runs a Fireblade Westfield, one of his track tyre sets are 2008, he laughed when i suggested they are un usable, Im going to message the seller and see what he says.

Hello,

I received my tyres last week, thank you for the fast dispatch and promt service.

When i purchased these tyres, it was with the understanding they were:

"New: A brand-new, unused tyre that has never been mounted on a vehicle."

However, upon inspection im now aware that the date of manufacture is 2013, making these tyres over half way thought their life expectancy?

This is not what i expected, and am not best pleased. I am not one of those sad people with nothing better to do than bitch and moan about nothing and give people bad feedback and i would like to avoid this at all costs.

When it comes to setting up the performance on my track car, i have and will cut no corners, and i especially dont intend to where performance and safety are concerned.

I feel like i haven't received the "Brand New" tyres i purchased, un-used, yes, but certainly not "brand new"

Please advise how you wish to proceed,

Best regards,

Charles Taylor

lets see how this pans out

Afternoon,

Thanks for your message.

I have considered your message carefully and have also spoken with Toyo UK, this morning.

All our tyres are 'brand new' that means that they have never been mounted to another vehicle or used in any way, the term 'brand new' does not relate to the age of the tyre specifically.

Every tyre we sell has a different date of manufacture and we don't list them as anything other than 'brand new'. Any tyres manufactured in 2012 or before, would be marked as a 'DOT2012' rated tyre by our supplier and we would be obliged to include this in the listing.

The manufacture dates of stock we receive from our supplier vary greatly and we're not able to check everything, due to the turnover of stock we process. However if the tyres were indeed 'DOT2012', we would ask the supplier to replace them.

Toyo UK have advised that they are absolutely fine to use 3+ years after their date of manufacture if properly stored in warehouse conditions and there isn't an 'expiration date' as such. The only tangible difference would be that they take slightly longer to warm-up on track, if anything.

You are more than welcome to return them to us if you would prefer a refund/ replacement. Please be advised that we cannot guarantee the exact age of any given set of tyres.

Let me know how you'd like to proceed.

Kind Regards

So in other words, P ISS OFF! haha, worth a message.