Sign in to follow this  
tsembi

Here's my pride and joy

Here is my car, couple of pics of the little mods i have done. Its a 1990 16v. have not done anything to the engine apart from a K&N filter and new HT leads, although i cant wait to get started. The straight-through grill is home made and is my first attempt (too many years of blue peter) lol. The pics arnt great i have just taken them with my phone but i will get some better ones up soon. P.S its a small pic but i have done my rear lights slighty different from any other i have seen. I can say this as i have been to GTI International for the past six years and have never seen anyone with it. Can you spot the difference?

Neat looking mota mate. very clean.

Has it been resprayed, cuz i didn't know VW did an exciting colour like that in the early ninetys? 8) 8)

Rear lights - you mean the greyed idea? I'd like to know how you did it. My rocco was the same, but alas the C has very orange rear indicators!

Hey Paul, it has had a new top coat done. the original colour is the metalic burgendy, but the topcoat is a blackberry one. I thought it would look ok and it has come out quite nice, with the rear lights you need some sissors, masking tape and some time on your hands. i just looked at the lights and you'll see there are some lines across them, measure them cut small strips and then spray with normal tint spray. good luck :D

Where do you get this tint spray, and did you spray the red ones too, and how long does it last?

Maybe stupid question but does the indicator still be yellow OK?

Tsembi,

Beautiful colour mate, but hate the 'Sport' on the back as it says nonsense to me, but the Tej is intreguing, what does it mean?

Get a pic up of the interior, seats etc.

Chris VR6

Only my view, take no notice :lol:

To firstly answer pauls question, i bought the tint spray from GTI International about four years ago and it cost me £10. I have not touched the red but when you spray the top black they just look redder (if that makes sence :? ). I do wax the lights to make them gloss. I have seen other people's lights and they have come out dull. I took the lights off washed them with Fairy liquid, made sure they were completely dry by leaving them in the sun for an hour them applied thin coats and mine came out gloss. so the extra time pays off because if they look dull they really look horrible, but your car is blue and might look better with white on top. And yes they still shine amber.

Chris the 'sport' badge was a way of hiding it was a 16v. I am always lookin at VR6's so it's a way to confuse most people, and the Tej badge........well thats my name. .. Simple as that doesn't mean anything. Well in punjabi it means Fast, and the interior is just standard Grey/Platinum seats, apart from the extra gauges everything is just as Karmann intended.