Sign in to follow this  
blair321

electric windows

can anyione explain why the electric windows in my US Spec G60 seem to stop about 10 ml from the top of the window, i can push the window the rest of the way up if i need to but it does let water in if it rains

cheers

that is strange... :wink:

electric wondows only stop when they reached a certain force, not by position...

is there a gap between the window and the mechanism, have you tried to push it by hand?

you should check it... :idea:

Did the same to me. The plastic guide on the cable runner had cracked allowing the cable to slip down the guide. You can bodge it back with wire but I had to remove the whole assy first. (rivets and all that)

This is on a 94 UK VR6. The motor and guide rail are riveted in. They drill out easily enough, some did spin though. The puzzle is how to remove the whole assy from the car, with the window trying to drop on your fingers all the time (tape it up).

Once out I fixed the cracked guide back into the runner with lock wire wrapped around.

The only tool you will need is the riveting pliars and the correct sized rivets.

The water membrane can be used again if you remove it with care.

The window still makes a funny noise but goes all the way up.