Tjninny

Cats

I've got a split in my vr6 catalytic converter and wondered whether anyone had replaced with ECP replacement or eBay special which seem cheap enough, but I currently have a Jetex non-resonated exhaust and was thinking of their sports version for around £250 - any thoughts or advice?

Cheers.

Guest sam1990rhodes

hi mate, not sure if the valver/vr6 cats are different but ive just pulled one off of my valver that im trying to get rid of. not sure on mileage its done but it passed an emissions test at MOT a few months ago with no issues.

I've got a split in my vr6 catalytic converter and wondered whether anyone had replaced with ECP replacement or eBay special which seem cheap enough, but I currently have a Jetex non-resonated exhaust and was thinking of their sports version for around £250 - any thoughts or advice?

Cheers.

pay for the postage and you can have m old one?!

Thanks for the offers, but it's a brand new exhaust so I'm going to get a new cat, just wondered whether a sports cat like Jetex would be better than an ECP or eBay version

Hi Tjninny I have the Jetex cat and zorst.

The cat was patterned from my old VR cat, its easily half the weight and was supplied with plenty of adapters and clamps for fitting. I did have a few issues fitting to my down pipes but they are after market so not Jetex issue.

The hard part was getting the lambda probe out of the old cat first, I ended up heating it with a blow torch to free it off.

Few things I would say is that Jetex dont actually make the cat so you might be able to hunt down those that do, I will dig out addresses etc if your interested?

Other thing is, the cat has to sit at a bit of an odd angle to get the probe in.

There are pics on my build thread

Thanks for that, any info re suppliers would be great, Jetex site says around £250, but obviously would like to find cheaper if possible.

Cheers.

Just decat it, the very best sports cat is not as good as no cat, it's still restricting it.

A VR6 in good condition should fly through the emissions test at MOT without any CAT. Doesn't need a CAT, for age of car, just needs to get under the emissions limit. My old engine with flew through 2 years on trot, third year still passed, just, despite having at least 2 worn valve guides (was actually taking to have new engine fitted next day).

Spend the money you save on having it remapped, without remap won't notice huge difference, with remap very noticeable. Ideally couple with a good induction system too.

If can't pass emissions without CAT engine isn't running properly or very worn in which eventinvest your money in resolving that would be my advice.

P.S. My old CAT is in garage, perfect nick, can't see me ever needing it now got brand new engine in so if anybody is desperate for one and can pick up (South Shields) make me an offer.

Just as a FYI, Jetex source their CATS from BM Catalysts.

They actually cheaper to buy it from them direct Part No: BM40151,£178 with 2yr guarantee.

Just as a FYI, Jetex source their CATS from BM Catalysts.

They actually cheaper to buy it from them direct Part No: BM40151,£178 with 2yr guarantee.

Thanks for that, will check them out.