EJ Taylor

UPGRADED Cylinder Head Talk!?! :s

Anyone changed there cylinder head for an upgraded one?

Anything to bare in mind when doing it?

Where did you get yours from?

12v?

24v?

I've got a tsr built engine with there pack c big valve head wasn't cheap but never had any problems!!

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

I considered this before from what o have read and weighing up the cost of a ported head you may as well go the whole hog and have enlarged valves also

Every time i've rang tsr they never have any vr6 heads.

Found this site, not contacted them

http://www.etektuning.com/integrated-engineering-aaa-12v-vr6-stage-1-cylinder-head/

Ill have a look man!

I've got a tsr built engine with there pack c big valve head wasn't cheap but never had any problems!!

What was your engine like before and after? how much and where did you notice gains? also, you running boosted set up? forged con rods and pistons?

I considered this before from what o have read and weighing up the cost of a ported head you may as well go the whole hog and have enlarged valves also

yer im starting to come to the same conclusion

Ill have a look man!

What was your engine like before and after? how much and where did you notice gains? also, you running boosted set up? forged con rods and pistons?

yer im starting to come to the same conclusion

I needed a replacement engine because of worn bores using lots of oil etc! Difference between with big valve around 15bhp and better mid range power band and that's the only engine modifications I've got!!

Worth talking to Jon at Stealth? He built a very high power turbo 12V VR6. Sure he knows a thing or two about building a stronger head. Schimmel Peformance sell all the bits needed for rebuilding a head to cope with more power as well :)

Worth talking to Jon at Stealth? He built a very high power turbo 12V VR6. Sure he knows a thing or two about building a stronger head. Schimmel Peformance sell all the bits needed for rebuilding a head to cope with more power as well :)

good thinking, now you say it i remember last time i was down they had a few heads on a work bench, ill see if they could offer some sort of head package (so to speak) haha. Once they've established whats actually happened!

going to take alot longer now, was booked 24th june - 1st july, vinve said they dont really have time but he will squeeze it in between other jobs so could be 2/3/4 weeks. wishing my entire year away month by month waiting on the bloody thing. As long as its done before MIVW i will stay sane.

"Man in the shed" does group buys on CGTi and other forums, he does the heads for many of the big names in VW tuning, but stays behind the scenes working rather than talking on the telephone / internet so I can't find any contact details online (the mods on CGTi have his contact details, maybe someone on here too?).

If you google "man in the shed heads" there's a few links for this forum / CGTi etc, the pics of his work look amazing.

I'll second what coullstar said.

Which reminds me, I've got a spare 9A valver turbo short block for grabs..

Save up and buy a turbo....

I keep hearing this but I really like my charger to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk