Mrbaldhead

What exhaust, no one has a definate answer......

Currently running a stock system with a BMC induction kit and it sounds amazing but I am a bit of a sucker for a loud exhaust note.

I only drive it on the occasional Sunday if its dry and need more VR6 notes in my life.

It seems the top runners are a Supersprint or Milltek. I mean how ridiculous is a Milltek Non-Res system as this sounds like the kit for me, and it has a proven power increase and weight reduction?

YES I know there are previous threads about this but I want an exhaust that will occasionally pop and bang on a hot day..... No I am not a chav ;)

Ian

Had an un-resonated Powerflow on my valver and it was loud (not an issue) but droned badly (not good on motorways). Replaced with a resonated Jetex (fruity but not loud) with no obvious power difference but I could drive faster without the misses moaning about the noise.

Jetex was the exhaust recommended on here at the time I needed one, possibly as Milltek had ceased production then.

Original VAG exhaust or Milltek resonated would be my choice. Unless you work on your engine you won't see any real power gains, just more noise and drone. Are you running any engine mods?

I, probably not to many peoples taste, have a 6-2-1 downpipe, straight through to scorpion back box, at either 2.25" or 2.5" (can't ever remember) and yes there is a little bit of drone whilst climbing the revs, but when your sitting at any speed there isn't much drone at all, drove to Germany and back with this setup, and wouldn't call it annoying, but then again I'm also a sucker for a loud exhaust.

I have a magnex catback system and really impressed with the quality of it. But it was from before they went bust and someone bought them out.

Professional 2.5" stainless catback with two silencers on my VR6.

Love it!

Cracle and pops ;)

Another vote for magnex been on the car around 15yrs no problem! Just not sure if there still available..

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

Just got a custom exhaust on my VR and it has a superb sound, pops when required and looks great.

£400 from downpipe incl decat pipe.

I always get custom exhausts rather than off the shelfers.

81EDA8B7-E36D-470E-A9A9-3B7D685D5981_zpsafpyiyy3.jpg

Dual Borla!.. to make things even less definitive :lol:

Saying that, it's still living on me lounge floor and you'd probably want the single muffler so maybe I should hush me gums. Miltek up for grabs though!

Had a full Magnex on my Storm years ago & was very impressed. Not much help tho as I don't think you can pick them up now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got a custom exhaust on my VR and it has a superb sound, pops when required and looks great.

£400 from downpipe incl decat pipe.

I always get custom exhausts rather than off the shelfers.

81EDA8B7-E36D-470E-A9A9-3B7D685D5981_zpsafpyiyy3.jpg

Wow just wow that is a clean corrado!!! Wow.......! Where did you get the exhaust done buddy?

Dual Borla!.. to make things even less definitive :lol:

Saying that, it's still living on me lounge floor and you'd probably want the single muffler so maybe I should hush me gums. Miltek up for grabs though!

Milltek up for grabs? For sale?

I always thought there was nothing wrong with the OE exhaust for a standard or mildly up-rated car - it was long life, good quality, solid and very refined and suited to the engine - but damn expensive to buy new!. I fitted a Milltek, and though I'm happy with it, I now wish I had kept the original for a few years more and would go back if I could.

Milltek up for grabs? For sale?

Yep. Excellent condition. Not entirely sure it'll be loud enough for you though as it has 2 mufflers. Saying that, I've been running it with a standard cat so pretty sure a decat will unveil some pop.

Mines a custom 2.5" two box with a performance cat,people can hear me coming ,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk