vwfil

Returning member after an 8 year break.

Well I'm back boy and girls. After last posting on this forum around 8 years ago the Mrs has kindly bought me a 1.8 16v c as a surprise present. Unfortunately she bought it believing it was a g60 (as this is what it is on the log book) I'm assuming it started out life as one but now sadly only had a 1.8 16v (I think, I'm unsure on the differences 1.8 to 2.0 ltr?) So slowly learning the ropes again and glad to be back in my favorite car of all time! Build thread to begin as soon as I work out how to upload photos from my phone to this forum ha ha

Good luck with the project.

There's the bottom end of a g60 engine on Gumtree if you want to start hoarding and return it to its birth state. ..

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Welcome back! any 16v questions just shout, there's a few of us that know them very well :)

Cheers david. I've owned one previously. the car was bought by my wife as a 30th present and was suppose to be a g60 (it is on the log book) but clearly a valver under the bonnet. where can I find the engine code for it as I'm unsure on if its a 1.8 or a 2ltr and also what car its come from with it not being the original engine.