fendervg

Electric Window Rattle Woes - how to fix?

So I've replaced my window rollers with new poly items bought off here several years ago, and have made sure that the inner and outer slot seal trims at the top of the window opening are fitted correctly, but my driver's side window still rattles a fair bit, especially when fully down.

Are there any other tricks I am missing here? Maybe some rubber dampers somewhere or some foam tape?

As a side note, the glass has been replaced at least once in the last seven years due to theft issues (grrrr) if that makes any difference.

Thanks guys.

Not sure, mine rattles a lot and i have the same rollers I've been meaning to fit for years...

Can you shake it by hand with doorcard off to see what's moving?

Mine is the same . I've replaced the rollers , fitted new window scrappers . The passenger side is tight but still rattles . The drivers side has a gap in it near the door handle , this rattles terribly . When I removed the door car again , it seems to be banging on the slider , right at the bottom .

not much you can do about it tbh. One of the issues is the grey plastic slider that moves the glass up and down has rotational play in it. Also there is a bit of slack in the side rubbers which means there is no support for the glass when its down. I took some pics in my regulator repair thread to show the play.

As an aside, i have cut and fitted a small collar of neoprene at the bottom of the metal slider to cushion the window when it goes all the way down. Doesn't make an embarrassing thump now!