jaybo

Issue with new Jetiex system?

Hi All,

I recently bought a full stainess Jetex system for my J reg G60. When I tried to fit the rear box it hung too low, about 8 inches too low! The new rear hanger that came with the system was even lower. The system said it is for cars "89-7/91 to chassis >>50-M-0121000." Just checked my VIN and it is WVWZZZ50ZMK016297, is this for my car? Looking at the system it didnt quite make sense how the middle box fitted when I ligned it all up...

I was speaking to another forum member who dropped some parts off earlier and he said that my car is the earlier model and will use the hanger exhaust mounts rather than the pole type. I checked the picture of the system for the later model and it is indeed the pole type of exhasut mount.

So I am thiniing one of two things -

1) My car should have the pole type mounts(despite the year. Chassis number ok? and someone has swapped over to the hanger type. Saying that, the full system I pulled off was OEM and fit perfectly with the hanger type. em

2) The system from Jetex is faulty and is not ligned up correctly on the rear hanger. This seems more likely?

Any thouhgts would be much appreciated. I need to get back to VW Heritage to get them to sort the issue out. Either a swap (and sourcing pole type mounts for my car) or they replace the system.

Cheers

Jason

looks like you need the later style system not the one you've brought

your j reg is 92 so a 89/91 system isnt right and your chassis number is higher than 50-M-0121000 so also backs this up.

Cheers for the reply. Why would i have hanger brackets fitted? Surely the oem exhaust shouldnt fit?

As the new system use pole mounts, will I need to source these and replace the hanger mounts?

Got any pics of the hanger that came with it? I seem to remember on ny magnex the hanger could be mountef upside down which would lower the exhaust massively.

It's all back in the box now. I tried reversing the mount but as it's the hanger type the rubber would not stay. Any other ideas?

Ok,so I've had a look at VIN number guides and mine is actually translated as 50-M-016297 which is way below 50-M-0121000 so my car should be ok with the exhaust. It must be a dodgey Jetex build. This isn't the first time either. Grrrr!

Ok,so I've had a look at VIN number guides and mine is actually translated as 50-M-016297 which is way below 50-M-0121000 so my car should be ok with the exhaust. It must be a dodgey Jetex build. This isn't the first time either. Grrrr!

ah yes it does look like that when i looked at >>50-M-0121000 I thought it was >>50-M-012000 sorry i had been drinking LOL

another way to know is the fuel tank size early have 55L late ones have 70L

the jetex exhaust must be way out to hang 8 inchs to low.

Ha ha no prob. I sussed the issue...I was looking through the pics on the Jetex site and I'm missing a bracket. This lifts the hanger right up for the rear box. I've ordered the correct one. The guy I bought it from is going to sort the mising part from Jetex for next weekend :-). Cheers for your input matey.