culshaw

Heated seat loom

Hi there

I've fitted some heated seats at the weekend and have got as far as the back of the fusebox bit.

I've followed various guides and I'm happy to tap into the back of the fuse box if necessary but wondered what kind of 'tap cable' would give me a connector into the back of the fusebox.

but i'd much rather be able to plug into the top of the fusebox like other guides suggest.

Does anyone have definitive information (e.g. you can plug the illumination cable into here, and you can plug the heat cable into there.

The posts i've been ressurecting are around 10 years old and no longer have their attachments present.

muchas gracias.

Hi there

I've fitted some heated seats at the weekend and have got as far as the back of the fusebox bit.

I've followed various guides and I'm happy to tap into the back of the fuse box if necessary but wondered what kind of 'tap cable' would give me a connector into the back of the fusebox.

but i'd much rather be able to plug into the top of the fusebox like other guides suggest.

Does anyone have definitive information (e.g. you can plug the illumination cable into here, and you can plug the heat cable into there.

The posts i've been ressurecting are around 10 years old and no longer have their attachments present.

muchas gracias.

Just been though my phone pictures as I was sure I'd photographed where the live is picked up from but alas no photograph.

I recall the live feed on mine was spliced into one of the larger fused wires on the bottom of fuse box (not sure by which fuse). I think the Illumination wire again was spliced in.

I recall the live feed on mine was spliced into one of the larger fused wires on the bottom of fuse box (not sure by which fuse). I think the Illumination wire again was spliced in.

Spliced in by pulling off the plug on the loom or does that plug, plug into the loom splice?

I thought it was just 2 connections into the fuse box? A blue/white single cable and a black single cable? Both with single connectors, from there it should just plug into the similar connector blocks on the fuse board? The relay/loom then earths behind the drivers rear door card. The blue being for illumination and the black being power? At least that is what I remember from mine.

Spliced in by pulling off the plug on the loom or does that plug, plug into the loom splice?

My loom had no plugs as wires were cut from the donor loom so I had to solder them on to the appropriate wires.

Refer to this post regarding: How To Fit Heated Seats Loom

Wiring connections:

# Power comes in via the Black wire (Green plug) which plugs into the grey strip/block ( TV5 ) above the fusebox.

# Illumination for the switch is supplied through the Grey/Blue wire (Grey plug) which plugs into the grey strip/block ( TV8 ) above the fusebox.

Sounds like you just need the single pin connectors and crimps.

I have a seat loom accessible if you need more details/photos...

Refer to this post regarding: How To Fit Heated Seats Loom

Wiring connections:

# Power comes in via the Black wire (Green plug) which plugs into the grey strip/block ( TV5 ) above the fusebox.

# Illumination for the switch is supplied through the Grey/Blue wire (Grey plug) which plugs into the grey strip/block ( TV8 ) above the fusebox.

Sounds like you just need the single pin connectors and crimps.

I have a seat loom accessible if you need more details/photos...

Yes please! If you have a picture of the crimps or a link to where you can get them that would be great

I also read your post previously but the tv5 and tv8 reference stumped me

Edited by culshaw

The 1-pin "flat contact housing" s are:

# 701 906 231 - Light grey

# 701 906 231F - Green

VW supply black items if you order them (all colour variant part numbers are superseded).

The crimps I have used (with much success)are TE 927770-3 - just from eBay (try the seller 3wayComp).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xte+junior+power+timer.TRS0&_nkw=te+junior+power+timer&_sacat=0

The length of the two wires (from the weld next to the switch connector) is 105cm, with the last 30cm unbound.

Fitting the harness is simple?!

Drop the fusebox and you can see five black connectors on the top of the fusebox (that relay is for the VR6 engine - OBD1):

TV5 is the left-most 4way block => Black wire

TV8 is the right-most 4way block => Grey/Blue wire

The arrowed connector positions are where the heated seat harness fits, as fitted by the factory.

We should write a "Definitive How To Fit Heated Seats" thread - and a "How does the fusebox go back up there" thread!

Edited by Philly-R6