jekel

New driveshafts VR6

Hello,

My inner CV joints are a little worn. As everything else is brand new seems stupid not to change them.

Can get Meyle inner CV joints, Meyle are normally very good, it's already had new outer CV's recently.

On trawling Ebay there's a company called J and R offering whole drive shafts, both CV's, for 80 quid the pair. Say there forged steel and many testimonials from race car owners and other singing praises.

Anybody heard of them, used them? Can they be any good at that price? 2 year warranty.

Try them or just renew inners on current VW driveshafts?

Quite a few of us have tried them, and feedback is pretty positive. The driveshafts themselves aren't painted/powdercoated though so I'd recommend doing that before fitting, and the O/S shaft doesn't have the girth (oh er) of the original, but overall they're pretty good. Already a few threads on them on this forum if you do a search mate.

I keep meaning to ask this, got new outer cvs from vw at a hideous price, but still worry about the inner ones as they are still the original ones. Can the actual shaft just be cleaned up or do they wear in any way?

Jim, I think as long as you don't go mad with a flap disk or anything you should be fine. They're balanced to some extent I believe, though some even have a big chunk of rubber to act as a damper so as long as you don't take too much metal off it shouldn't be a problem. Inner ones should be fine for a cheaper alternative also as they don't have the sideways load the outer ones do.

I've got some oe shafts I built up last year available soon. Still look new if anyone wants them? It would spur me on to get on and install my new box/ shafts. I'm only removing them as I'm upgrading to high torque shafts.....

I've had J&Rs fitted for a year or so. Painted the shafts and no complaints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

have you got a link for the £80 pair - can't seem to find this deal?

Hello,

My inner CV joints are a little worn. As everything else is brand new seems stupid not to change them.

Can get Meyle inner CV joints, Meyle are normally very good, it's already had new outer CV's recently.

On trawling Ebay there's a company called J and R offering whole drive shafts, both CV's, for 80 quid the pair. Say there forged steel and many testimonials from race car owners and other singing praises.

Anybody heard of them, used them? Can they be any good at that price? 2 year warranty.

Try them or just renew inners on current VW driveshafts?

I couldn't be sure which ones I needed either, I emailed them and told them what car I had and they told me which ones to order off their website, total delivered was £76.98 and that was about 6weeks ago

I must've deleted said email as I can't find it now or I would have given you the info

I just searched VR6 driveshafts, there wasn't many, in fact might have just searched VR6 inner CV's, either will show them, it wasn't a "pair" deal, one was just under £30 other one £49.99.

Quite a few of us have tried them, and feedback is pretty positive. The driveshafts themselves aren't painted/powdercoated though so I'd recommend doing that before fitting, and the O/S shaft doesn't have the girth (oh er) of the original, but overall they're pretty good. Already a few threads on them on this forum if you do a search mate.

So a good and long lived shaft despite the lack of girth your saying, haha

I've got some oe shafts I built up last year available soon. Still look new if anyone wants them? It would spur me on to get on and install my new box/ shafts. I'm only removing them as I'm upgrading to high torque shafts.....

New cv's on each end? I'd be interested, still tempted to stay with VW ones, I'd booked into garage to have inners fitted, though I'd be happy just changing whole shafts myself.

I may well be overestimating work involved in fitting inner CV's, just had new front wheel bearings fitted and they had to use 23 tonnes of pressure in massive press, and heat to get old ones out, a new record that only lasted a month when an original Audi UR quattro beat it by a couple of tonnes, with what looked like original wheel bearings in it.

High torque ones only for turbo cars and such. Mines got new engine and box in, slightly uprated, bout 220 bhp tops, mine will be fine with standard?

I keep meaning to ask this, got new outer cvs from vw at a hideous price, but still worry about the inner ones as they are still the original ones. Can the actual shaft just be cleaned up or do they wear in any way?

The outer ones take the main wear, inners very little, I'm being picky, wear is very small but noticeable, car has had new everything basically, engine, box, clutch, wheel bearings, discs, calipers, springs, shocks etc. so seems mad not to change the last non-new part.

It's got very stiff Koni's and Springs which may accentuate. The actual shafts look fine, lacking a bit paint in places, but it's the CV joint that wears. Put on on full lock and reverse and listen/feel for any wear.

New cv's on each end? I'd be interested, still tempted to stay with VW ones, I'd booked into garage to have inners fitted, though I'd be happy just changing whole shafts myself.

I may well be overestimating work involved in fitting inner CV's, just had new front wheel bearings fitted and they had to use 23 tonnes of pressure in massive press, and heat to get old ones out, a new record that only lasted a month when an original Audi UR quattro beat it by a couple of tonnes, with what looked like original wheel bearings in it.

High torque ones only for turbo cars and such. Mines got new engine and box in, slightly uprated, bout 220 bhp tops, mine will be fine with standard?

Hi, yes full rebuilt and still fresh as a daisy. They will be absolutely fine for your needs. I've uprated to be safe as I'm turbo and like to do ring trips etc so want to build in over engineered parts.

Shall I get you some pics?

Hi, yes full rebuilt and still fresh as a daisy. They will be absolutely fine for your needs. I've uprated to be safe as I'm turbo and like to do ring trips etc so want to build in over engineered parts.

Shall I get you some pics?

Cheers, they sound bang on. Yes put some pics up if no bother but I'm not too bothered what they look like so long as work fine, cars built for driving not showing.

How much you want for them?

Where are you? I'm in South Shields, Tyne and Wear.