jekel

Water Pump VR6, what's decent make?

As stated really, plenty on internet all pretty cheap, always found Meyle's good and plenty of those.

Eurocarparts have Circoli's which never heard of but in stock, any good or avoid?

The local CTS can normally get Meyle's so long as order specific part, and allow at least a day to order (never get what's on shelf, standard stuff is crap but normally can get Meyle, TRW etc. if ask them)

Thanks,

Providing it hasnt the plastic impellers, which break off, you won't go wrong. Personally

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I think the impeller is personal opinion. I prefer not to have a metal impeller, if the bearing goes it will just happily chew up your block, if plastic goes just replace it. A good quality pump like febi should be fine

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Europarts do Circoli and a more expensive one Airtex, I havn't heard of either, I've done a click and collect on the Airtex purely on basis the more expensive one should be better, though that's not proof positive.

There both metal impellers, take point on plastic one but havn't seen any plastic ones Europarts or on internet.

Airtex OK? Havn't picked it up yet.

I made the same assumption about the more expensive one being better quality, when it turned up it had plastic blades so ordered the circoli.

On closer inspection on the photo I think it is plastic blades, one ordered, but I'm minded to go with Swiftkids advice above, especially as it's got new/rebuilt engine (used old water pump,..... yeah I know, it looked perfect though). If does go shouldn't wreck the engine and lighter mass on pulley

It won't wreck the block and its doubtful the above scenario will happen but personally I'd prefer to stick with a good quality plastic one which will probably last another 100k than a lower quality metal one. If everyone was selling metal impeller versions I would agree its maybe a resolution to a problem but seems most of the higher quality sellers have plastic whereas the cheaper stuff go with the metal

Well, tackled the job on weekend, old pump was leaking but perfect, no wear, and top quality metal impeller type, slightly twisted seal was only issue,so to cut long story short, put new seal in, put back in, and took new airtex one back to Eurparts and got refund.

Result. It's not often things work out so easily with a Corrado

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Result. It's not often things work out so easily with a Corrado

Yep, had new engine, gearbox, clutch, master and slave cylinders, adjustable Koni's and springs, brand new "big" brakes and discs all round in past year, so was due a bit of good fortune, lol.