delfinis38

storm auction - anyone we know ?

Why are the rear badges on the wrong side? and does the corrado VR6 really go 0-60 in 6.7? (My storm definitely doesn't feel that fast!)

Why are the rear badges on the wrong side? and does the corrado VR6 really go 0-60 in 6.7? (My storm definitely doesn't feel that fast!)

6.9 according to the manual (found in a post comment by Kev Bacon)

i agree on the badges, both VR6 & storm on the wrong side - which would make me question the paint work on the rear!

has it 1. been shunted in rear end, had it repaired & the numpty in the body shop didnt know (or look) where to put those badges

or 2. had a respray but that would alarm me at the 47K miles as surely one with such low miles wouldnt need a respray

6.9 according to the manual (found in a post comment by Kev Bacon)

i agree on the badges, both VR6 & storm on the wrong side - which would make me question the paint work on the rear!

has it 1. been shunted in rear end, had it repaired & the numpty in the body shop didnt know (or look) where to put those badges

or 2. had a respray but that would alarm me at the 47K miles as surely one with such low miles wouldnt need a respray

The Storm badge was a dealer fit part, and maybe even the VR6 badge - not sure about that. The dealer may have gotten creative, or maybe one of the previous owners bought new badges and refitted them on the other side as they preferred them there.

It's quite funny how jarring it is seeing them on the wrong side, when you're so used to seeing them on the correct side!

The Storm badge was a dealer fit part, and maybe even the VR6 badge - not sure about that. The dealer may have gotten creative, or maybe one of the previous owners bought new badges and refitted them on the other side as they preferred them there.

It's quite funny how jarring it is seeing them on the wrong side, when you're so used to seeing them on the correct side!

good points Jim, all of which i understand

but id describe as fishy rather than jarring lol

it would be fairly easily resolved, in respect to if had been hit in the rear, by checking inside boot etc

They left the factor with 'Corrado' and a model type underneath that (excluding the 8vs).

The additional 'Supercharged' and 'Storm' badging should be below the 'Corrado' script and VW dealerships are issued with a product bulletin detailing where the badges are to be fixed 'to ensure consistency'.

So basically they are in the wrong place, the VR6 badge has definitely been moved from its factory location and the 'Storm' badge is at the very least in the wrong place.

Using the fine MOT history tool this car has been parked up since Dec 2012 and in the 6 years prior to that only managed 6000 miles.

Went through it's last test with only 1 advisory for pitted front brakes though so its either been well recovered to road use or stored somewhere nice and dry.

Aside from the badging issue this does seem to be a fairly legit car from the pics.

Edited by Yandards

So would this possibly not even be a Storm - easiest colour to be a fake.. Especially if it was bought recently and its now back on sale already - does sound suspicious

So would this possibly not even be a Storm - easiest colour to be a fake.. Especially if it was bought recently and its now back on sale already - does sound suspicious

im going to this auction will have a look.

You looking to buy it , buy another car or just going to watch ?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

tidy be good to hear about it

just checked & the gf's old storm is still listed on that traders site.

it has been there for some time now, i wonder if he is getting asked about the chains after he bleated on about them not being done & then his advert doesnt say they now have been lol

You looking to buy it , buy another car or just going to watch ?

Watch and possible interest in an lancia at the right price... but I guess it will go for silly money.

Very nice. I suspect it won't go cheap if it's a nice one..... good luck

delta integrale... no intention of selling the corrado...

Hope you have a healthy budget, they are just going for silly amounts now. Was close to buying one last year or an RS2 that came up but then I bought the 911. Wish I had gone for the Lancia or RS2 now, lol.

I went along to the auction yesterday. Some great cars there for auction (e39 shape Alpina B10 V8S touring in dark green being my favourite), but yes, sadly no Corrado Storm to view. Wonder if its simply been withdrawn from sale or a sale has been agreed privately..