Sign in to follow this  
tsembi

power steering failed on a corner!!!!

hey anyone had this problem??? I was driving around today, not fast just at about 30, had to turn in a went over some water (not massive just a shallow puddle) and suddenly the stearing went rock soild i had to use two arms just to turn!!!! so parked up and it took at least 30 secs before it was back to normal. I came home checked the fluid, it was fine i topped it up, and the belts were not lose, but im gonna take it to the garage to have this checked. This was a bit scary, if this has happened to anyone else and if it has how did you solve it.

Tej

This happens when the belt slips, there should be a plastic splash guard under the bottom pulley. Make sure it's there!

Kev

94 VR6

Yeah this is very scary when it happens - it's almost certainly the belt slipping. The splash guard is there on mine and it still happens occasionally :shock:

Cheers

Mark

Yeah, like when the car died a couple of months ago for no reason, whilst braking and about to do a 90 degree turn accross a road.

Not fun when the car fights you back and your brakes go too.

Never stalled since though :shock: