captainredeye

OEM plugs and connectors

I'm looking for somewhere that sells the original plugs and connectors for all the different sorts of looms, I can buy more modern types on eBay but would like to stick with the original style plugs, any one know where I can get hold of them? Also any idea in the part numbers as I can't find any on any diagrams that I have seen.

Cheers

You can get the proper tool off ebay or Amazon, it's round with multiple blades of different sizes For different types of terminal.

If not i use tiny precision screw drivers that flatten the locating tab, you then pull out the terminal.

I still get my plugs from TPS as all I order always seem available. Thankfully most plugs have been used on other VW vehicles.

The connectors I get from ebay, searching under 'vw timer connectors".

And the tool I use to remove the connectors is a VW laser 3932 terminal tool. Bloody fiddly, not always successful and requires patience. I suppose it depends on the connector.

The plug aren't cheap for a piece of plastic !

Good luck tho

Cressa

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Ok I have found a couple of good sites that sell male and female connectors, I'm now left wondering what amp wire should be used when replacing any of the old and corroded wiring?

Look at some of the wiring diagrams as it states what size cable goes to which plug so that is really handy. Also tells you what colour the cables are. Not much seem to be bigger than 1mm unless it's battery/starter motor/alternator big use items.

This will certainly keep you busy,

Cressa

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk