Brunty's Dad

Car park incident

Just been reversed into by a car while parked. Insurance company advised,who tell me that I should be prepared for a write off due to the age of the car. Doubt that but we shall see. Anyway, front bumper will need a respray and the offside fog light will have to be replaced. So, offside fog in good condition anyone?

I'll check and see if i have any good one's Left.

Absolute sods to get now, in good condition.

How the Christ can an insurance company write off an entire car for a poxy fog light is beyond my understanding..

Edited by VEEDUBBED

Guy in his 70's. I was sitting in the car, hadn't put the key in the ignition. He reversed back but put hardly any lock on. I was out of the car and shouting before he moved forward so I got all the necessary details.

If you're not at fault can't you force the guy to repair it? That always used to be the case

About 4/5 years ago my Corrado was parked outside a friends house while I fitted a wooden floor for him, his neighbor came to the door to confess she had reversed into my car, damaging the o/s wing and front bumper,same side. She instantly took my details and phoned her insurance company......while I wandered round the car with my angry face on :lol:

Within an hour or so they contacted me, I sent a few photos of the damage, they called back and offered me 3 options

1. Write car off, value to be decided later

2. Cat C plus £1200

3. £800 to repair it myself and no write off/recorded damage.

I took option 3 as I happened to have a spare wing and bumper in the correct colour :)

The money was in my account before I finished laying the floor :lol:

Shame mate!!!

But

For what sounds like a very very minor bump, that's going to have been one expensive phone call. Your excess plus a hike in insurance premium for the next couple years, for a bumper respray and a fog light ... Its annoying with these cars and insurance but sometimes its not worth the hassle of including them and get it done by a decent bodyshop you know from the out!!