Ianfitzy

One day...

Whats up!

My names Ian and I'm from Dublin. Many other Irish guys on here?

I currently own a 2005 MINI Cooper S which I bought last Summer from The UK. I'm a motoring journalist so I get test cars often so its more of a second car really. I've been toying with the idea of selling it and getting a Corrado VR6. Unfortunately it all depends on insurance. I'm only 22 so the insurers hate me.

I've always been a car nut. My Dad has a '73 Triumph TR6 so thats "my" other baby. We have the TR 10 years or so and head over to the UK every year with that.

I'm looking forward to contributing and learning more about the Corrado!

Here are pics of the Cooper and the 6.

Ian

1ae87974c98aee6d8cddc0cc0d0f2b76.jpg5a10ceee4b8fe74a8279ae9de58c2bd9.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Welcome along Ian. There are a couple of Irish folk on here I believe. I know prices of Corrados in Ireland are pretty steep due to the shear lack of them, so I doubt you'd have much luck unless you get the ferry over. Good luck with your search either way, I'm sure you'll enjoy the drive!

Thanks guys.

@seanl82 yeah, I'd be willing to do the same as I did with the MINI.

Hi Ian, it's pretty hard to stomach the tax on a VR in Ireland but if you can go for it! As Sean says not a fantastic selection for sale here, you would be better searching the UK and budgeting for VRT

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Welcome aboard Ian. I'm in Dublin and have been driving my VR daily since 2009. Tax is a killer unfortunately. Best of luck with your search.

Hi Ian, it's pretty hard to stomach the tax on a VR in Ireland but if you can go for it! As Sean says not a fantastic selection for sale here, you would be better searching the UK and budgeting for VRT

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Welcome aboard Ian. I'm in Dublin and have been driving my VR daily since 2009. Tax is a killer unfortunately. Best of luck with your search.

Thanks guys! Yeah, for sure tax is the killer. It will prob be about another year or so by the time I get a VR6 but I'll keep on looking!

Hey there Ian.... Here in Ireland too... Have a wee VR myself just waiting to put it on the road... Tax is mental . Ya gonna take a spin up to Dubshed then and meet lots of the local Dub heads over here..

Hey there Ian.... Here in Ireland too... Have a wee VR myself just waiting to put it on the road... Tax is mental . Ya gonna take a spin up to Dubshed then and meet lots of the local Dub heads over here..

Ah cool! T'would be €1,500 per year to tax, yeah?

When is Dubshed? If I'm around, I will for sure!

http://www.dubshed.com/

Check out the site,,, It's on the 8/9th April.... It's a great show which has just got bigger and bigger each year.. Have you been onto GTINI form yet ?? Alot of good guys on there that can help out both North and south

http://www.dubshed.com/

Check out the site,,, It's on the 8/9th April.... It's a great show which has just got bigger and bigger each year.. Have you been onto GTINI form yet ?? Alot of good guys on there that can help out both North and south

Cool, thanks! I'll check out that forum and hopefully will make DubShed