thegrouch

95 Mystic Blue Storm (Feelers)

After much deliberation I've finally decided to think about putting my unfinished Storm project up for sale, I just don't seem to have the time or enthusiasm for it any more.

It came off the road in 2009 in order to clean up the engine bay, the engine and gearbox came out and were stripped down, cleaned and repainted, new timing chains installed and everything reassembled using genuine VW nuts, bolts, washers, seals etc - with a big pile of reciepts from my friendly local dealer! After the engine went back in with anything that could be, powder coated it seemed to grind to a halt and although I've done bits here and there it's remained like this for the last few years. I have nearly all the parts needed to get it up and running again, but have decided that it would be better going to a good home where it can be restored to its former glory. The other option would be to split it but I really don't want to go down that path and end up with a loads of parts I can't get rid of! The rest of the car is in good condition for its age, the interior is mint and has a set of the hard to find VDO clocks that I never got round to fitting. The bodywork has a few issues, a patch on the drivers sill needs attention as well as the passenger rear arch and drivers wing - I have a straight rust free wing waiting to go on as well as two doors (in mystic blue) It will need a bonnet though as the wind caught it whist the engine was out bending the rear edges and hinges. There's a brand new set of genuine vw roof rails to go with it as well and it's sat on the original BBS wheels and a set of FK Coilovers.

Any other questions feel free to ask.

It's a tricky one to price as Storms seem to be fetching good money but obviously this one needs some tlc to bring it up to standard, however I won't let it go for peanuts and would rather dry store it until I can find the time for it.

Am looking for offers around the £2500 mark and located in North Wales.

Will get some pictures up at the weekend.

Thanks

Greg

Edited by thegrouch
Add location

It might be worth mentioning your location?

I find it easier to upload pics via the tapatalk app.

GLWS

Definitely a great price. You could always sell the vdo gauges separately. Plenty of us willing to buy them, but easypops on here would want to fight to the front of the queue.

Mileage also may help prospective buyers, but at that price I'm sure it will sell Itself

Good luck

Cressa

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Its really difficult to tell from the advert exactly what state the car is currently in and what needs doing?

It is running?

has it been turned over regularly?

Has it been MOT'd since it was taken off the road?

Would it pass one in its current state?

Would it drive back or need to be trailered?

Is it just in need of cosmetic/paint repairs?

More info would certainly help!