Wendy

Scotland Tour in June 17

Hi Everyone,

I am running a trip mid June for 8 days from the Midlands north to Scotland and back.

Trip includes most of the North Coast 500 trip.

I have 2 places remaining for the accommodation I have booked (twins/doubles.

I was thinking perhaps if the Northern/Scottish folk would like to join us whether for a meet up (dinner) or join the trip for a day or two.

Currently the trip has 5 cars, 2 x 350z's,(maybe one and a Corrado (mine), 1 x 370z, 1 Lexus thingy and one Alfa thingy !!

This is with 8 people - all who I have travelled on a tour before and genuinely nice easy going folk. Ages ranging from 28 to 50's, singles and couples.

Last year they arrived - We discussed driving styles etc. Some admitted to be a tad slow - this made it easy for everyone to accommodate the trip for all to enjoy. By Day 3, the faster ones of us had taught/encouraged/provided confidence etc - so we ended up all being faster !!!

The trip includes visiting said Castles, walks on beaches etc etc etc.

So open to any car types (Less chance of being stopped !!! (and so you know my Corraado is faster then the 350z !!)

Incase you don't know me - I have done lots of road trips for the Corrado Club/Forum, inc le Mans (4 times and Scotland.

We will be in the areas of Glasgow, Edinburgh, Ullapool, Aberdeen, Kyle of Lochash and right into the Highlands.

If you are interested, have questions - give me a shout.

Wendy

Wendy arranges excellent road trips.. you would have no regrets signing up and going on this!

Sadly I am already away in June so can't commit to this :(

If I'm available I could meet for the day, always up for a good dad driving up here.

What's the route around Aberdeenshire?

Thanks Jim. Kind of you to say.

Coullstar - that would be brilliant. So enjoyed when you met and drove out with us last time.

I will get the rough plan of drive over to you - by pm (later).

Hi wend pretty busy this year but will try and join for at least a day

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

Ill try to catch you in the Glasgow area for a run out and bite to eat. I wont have the Corrado though so will try and keep up in the Polo..

This sounds great Wendy!

Always wanted to do a tour of Scotland.

Not sure I can do the full Tour, but defo a few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Everyone,

I am running a trip mid June for 8 days from the Midlands north to Scotland and back.

Trip includes most of the North Coast 500 trip.

I have 2 places remaining for the accommodation I have booked (twins/doubles.

I was thinking perhaps if the Northern/Scottish folk would like to join us whether for a meet up (dinner) or join the trip for a day or two.

Currently the trip has 5 cars, 2 x 350z's,(maybe one and a Corrado (mine), 1 x 370z, 1 Lexus thingy and one Alfa thingy !!

This is with 8 people - all who I have travelled on a tour before and genuinely nice easy going folk. Ages ranging from 28 to 50's, singles and couples.

Last year they arrived - We discussed driving styles etc. Some admitted to be a tad slow - this made it easy for everyone to accommodate the trip for all to enjoy. By Day 3, the faster ones of us had taught/encouraged/provided confidence etc - so we ended up all being faster !!!

The trip includes visiting said Castles, walks on beaches etc etc etc.

So open to any car types (Less chance of being stopped !!! (and so you know my Corraado is faster then the 350z !!)

Incase you don't know me - I have done lots of road trips for the Corrado Club/Forum, inc le Mans (4 times and Scotland.

We will be in the areas of Glasgow, Edinburgh, Ullapool, Aberdeen, Kyle of Lochash and right into the Highlands.

If you are interested, have questions - give me a shout.

Wendy

Hi there

I would be interested, do you have any further detail ?

I'm on the Wirral and have a Corrado G60.

Thanks

John

Chaps hi,

Great to see so much interest and so quickly.

So you all know, I will not be posting a route on here for the whole world to see.

The trip departs the Midlands on Friday 16th June returning Sat 24th - no accommodation booked for the Sat 24th evening.

We will be 30 miles, one hour south of Edinburgh Friday evening 16th June.

Coullstar- the Route is not complete yet however we will be around your area the Sat/Sun.

Fuzz !!!!!! Go on join us for a few days - you know you want to !!!

Glasgow folks - we will be around Glasgow ish on Fri 23rd June, I have not decided which way around or through Trossach/Queen Elizabeth Park

We will be staying approx. 45 minutes east of Edinburgh that evening.

Jim - can I set up a Private Group on here ? If so, How please

Or is everyone OK with Facebook ? if not suggest something please.

TanVR - hi - Bearing in mind where you are based. For a few days I would prob. suggest the first weekend, Fri to Sun.

It's a proper long way north right around the north Coast 500. Google it - you will see what I mean. !!

Would you be bringing a friend/partner ?

g60podd/John - hello - A G60 hey ?? Is it reliable ?? (Do Excuse me - most know me on here and I have a VR6 !! lol)

What sort of further detail are you after ?

Would you be wanting to join for a few days too possibly ?

If it helps Driving is expected to be around 4 hours per day and hopefully good/decent accommodation. Rooms varying to around £130 (Averaging)for a twin/double per room. They vary hugely in these parts.

I am unlikely to be around for a few days - busy times at work - all on PC, so eyes get massively sore these days, will update at the weekend worst case.

Catch up soon - mega excited now. !! :-)

Getting excited. Now which car ?? !!! lol !!!

I have just checked we could be joined for a few days on Thurs 22nd June returning south

From West Midlands that would be a max of 7 hours drive to get to this point (Excluding traffic !! lol )

From the Wirral 6 hours max

We hit the road each day at 9.30am. So obviously this could be less time if met at lunchtime or after.

I have not finished my route yet and it takes an age, as I will incorporate/allow for meeting up with folk, trips to castles, beaches and other things I think of or folk suggest. I do limit this to a max of 3 a day, otherwise I would never finish. lol.

For accommodation, I am requesting £100 each deposit. It just means I am not out of pocket should anyone not show after committing.

Don't worry if you don't know me - way too many know where I live. !!

Wendy

Edited by Wendy

Chaps hi,

Great to see so much interest and so quickly.

So you all know, I will not be posting a route on here for the whole world to see.

The trip departs the Midlands on Friday 16th June returning Sat 24th - no accommodation booked for the Sat 24th evening.

We will be 30 miles, one hour south of Edinburgh Friday evening 16th June.

Coullstar- the Route is not complete yet however we will be around your area the Sat/Sun.

Fuzz !!!!!! Go on join us for a few days - you know you want to !!!

Glasgow folks - we will be around Glasgow ish on Fri 23rd June, I have not decided which way around or through Trossach/Queen Elizabeth Park

We will be staying approx. 45 minutes east of Edinburgh that evening.

Jim - can I set up a Private Group on here ? If so, How please

Or is everyone OK with Facebook ? if not suggest something please.

TanVR - hi - Bearing in mind where you are based. For a few days I would prob. suggest the first weekend, Fri to Sun.

It's a proper long way north right around the north Coast 500. Google it - you will see what I mean. !!

Would you be bringing a friend/partner ?

g60podd/John - hello - A G60 hey ?? Is it reliable ?? (Do Excuse me - most know me on here and I have a VR6 !! lol)

What sort of further detail are you after ?

Would you be wanting to join for a few days too possibly ?

If it helps Driving is expected to be around 4 hours per day and hopefully good/decent accommodation. Rooms varying to around £130 (Averaging)for a twin/double per room. They vary hugely in these parts.

I am unlikely to be around for a few days - busy times at work - all on PC, so eyes get massively sore these days, will update at the weekend worst case.

Catch up soon - mega excited now. !! :-)

Getting excited. Now which car ?? !!! lol !!!

Wow that was a long message!!!! 😉

Yeah tell me - took me about 2 and half hours to complete too !!!!!!

I think I answered everything !! lol

Leaving PC now........... Should have rang you earlier like I was thinking.

Wow that was a long message!!!!

Yes yes and yes

Let me know when you need deposit

Yeah tell me - took me about 2 and half hours to complete too !!!!!!

I think I answered everything !! lol

Leaving PC now........... Should have rang you earlier like I was thinking.

Yes I keep meaning too. Then remember just as off to bed

Edited by lilfuzzer

Looks like we are fully booked in June so struggling. I keep N eye on this and keep you posted

I would love to do this as never driven in Scotland (other than collecting a Corrado from Linlithgow in 2014). My Dad has just retired to Cove/Helensburgh so would be good to combine the two, subject to being back in a Corrado again-which I should be by May (it's been too long away!)..

Will pm you Wendy

Edited by Billzeebub

Billzeebub - Just letting you know, no PM received.

Onto Tour Route planning tomorrow !! :-)

Chaps hi,

Routes and mapping all done. I will get my PA to forward them !!!!!!!

Seriously one of the chaps kindly assisted with this and has it all saved on his Google Maps

Still need emails for Coulstar, Easypops and Billzeebub PLEASE.

All others should get routes this weekend.

Billzeebub - I can forward all my plans so you can see the type of trip, Hotels booked etc etc etc - Need you email address please.

OR (EVERYONE)- Friend request me on Facebook. I have set up a Facebook Page for the trip

Wendy Duckett - you should find me - as I have loads of Corrado friends (including Lilfuzzer, Goldie !!

Cheers

WEndy

Chaps hi,

Routes and mapping all done. I will get my PA to forward them !!!!!!!

Seriously one of the chaps kindly assisted with this and has it all saved on his Google Maps

Still need emails for Coulstar, Easypops and Billzeebub PLEASE.

All others should get routes this weekend.

Billzeebub - I can forward all my plans so you can see the type of trip, Hotels booked etc etc etc - Need you email address please.

OR (EVERYONE)- Friend request me on Facebook. I have set up a Facebook Page for the trip

Wendy Duckett - you should find me - as I have loads of Corrado friends (including Lilfuzzer, Goldie !!

Cheers

WEndy

Sent you a friend request on Facebook :)

Easypops - Added you to Facebook Group - you should be able to see the Route etc from there. I have managed it !!! lol

Coullstar - Dave (otherwise known as Toothy) should send you over a route in a day or two latest. Shout me if not received. I have warned those already commited - there is half a chance you might ammend the route ! But, this was to our advantage !!

TanVR6, Fuzz - emails sent

Fuzz, Goldie, G60Podd and Easypops - added to Facebook group

Just Billzeebub needs to contact me.

So hopefully everyone can join us - if you would let me know, days, dates and for how long that would be superb.

Before 14th April as I will be cancelling any spare rooms that weekend.

Billzeebub - is the only one I have had no contact from.

Shout if you need any more info.

Wendy

Hi all !!

If those showing interest in meeting or joining this group would kindly give me an indication of their plans so I can add them into my planning I would much appreciate it.

Cheers

Wendy

Hi Wendy,

I looked at the Facebook page but I can't seem to access the route map?

No doubt it's something I'm doing wrong :lol:

But I'm fairly sure I'll only be joining in around the Glasgow area if I can, no overnight stuff :)

Martin hi,

Thanks for the update.

I know the route is near impossible to open on a phone, so email account is better, of whihc I think you need a google account. As this map though is not owned by me but on Dave's account (Toothy) just ask him.

It took me a while but I know to see the route detail, you have to untick all the other days to get one day in detail - make sense !!! lol

Either way, I will be completing a Text/Written route over the next 2 weeks. Hopefully I have chosen some good routes round your way and............... you get to meet Fuzz finally !!!

Wendy