easypops

Fitting a Driveshaft

I've had a bit of a clunk on the 16v for the last wee while, and after a look I noticed the bear side cv gator is all burst, grease everywhere. I thought it best to replace instead of repair. So I got a driveshaft from J&R, delivered today.

My question is, do I just need to pack grease into the open end, the end that joins the gearbox? And am I correct in thinking that the rubber boots will already be filled with grease?

Thanks in advance for any info :)

84B19498-3AD8-4D76-ABEC-625D01E1992E.jpg

Should be ready to go mate, certainly the outer CV will have grease in it. Did it come with a tube of grease?

Should be ready to go mate, certainly the outer CV will have grease in it. Did it come with a tube of grease?

It came with 2 sachets of grease mate, but I can't imagine they would clamp the boots up nicely just for me to open them up to put grease in? Or would they?

Hi mate There is no way they would send it all tightened up without grease in joints. May be for piece of mind message teh supplier to just check but I would say the packets are for teh ball bearings in teh open end

Hi mate There is no way they would send it all tightened up without grease in joints. May be for piece of mind message teh supplier to just check but I would say the packets are for teh ball bearings in teh open end

That's my thinking mate, should I use/need both packets for the open end? Is it the case that I should just get on/in as much as possible? Is there any way too much would be an issue?

Na mate just fill it up as much as you can you'll not be able to over fill it

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

Na mate just fill it up as much as you can you'll not be able to over fill it

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

Thanks mate :)