JEZR

What the piffin' heck is this called?!

Trying to strip a rear axle. Can't get the brake carrier off for these. bcbee72170408c8ff7651939f59478d5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's that and the bolts that mount the calliper carrier. I think they need a hex thing to undo the buggers. Trouble is, the only hex thing I've got on the end of my Allen keys means I've no leverage!

Cheers Jim. I'll try the Brummie screwdriver and socket trick first. I just need the axle! Might have to find the angle grinder!!

You can buy hex bit sets pretty cheap. They seem to be used in a few places on the Corrado so worth having in your arsenal!

One side out with the Allen key. The other needs Semtex.

you can get an allen key socket very cheap for this job - local motor factors or halfords - you can get some proper leverage on them that way

Got a decent Allen key set and finally got the buggers off. The key didn't really fit until I applied the hammer to it! Had to use an angle-grinder on one as it was seized. But - thanks, it's all free ready for blasting and powder-coating.

I've just had the pleasure of undoing these last week. bugger of a job if they are seized but have replaced with new bolts and a bit of Tef-gel on the threads

Irwin for the win!

Another vote for the Irwins, I'd be lost without mine......helped me get 2 driveshaft bolts out at the weekend, which were totally rounded out in the middle