GrizzlyBear

GrizzlyBear's G60 Jet restoration!

Or more likely an old alarm/immobiliser fob/light
- Agreed. Junk it and plug the hole.

As much as the boost gauge looks nice it won't move much if you are going for a stock G60 install.

They were only available in Europe I think, and not over here. So that won't help with finding out anything about them! :(

Interestingly despite being a G60, looks as though you could get them painted in Flash Red rather than the usual Tornado for pre-facelift cars.. I guess these were run out models to drum up clearing out inventory of G60's ahead of them being replaced by the VR6.

http://www.vwcorrado.net/index.php/corrado-sondermodelle/corrado-jet.html

Will you be going back to the Estoril style alloys as well, in keeping with the totally OE finish?

German brochure with the Jet in it also available on eBay currently:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volkswagen-Corrado-1991-92-German-Market-Sales-Brochure-16v-G60-Jet-VR6-/171743657854

Might be useful for some reference pictures, specs, etc!

- Agreed. Junk it and plug the hole.

As much as the boost gauge looks nice it won't move much if you are going for a stock G60 install.

Cheers for the advice Mark, just plug it with a gromit?

And yeah I know, still looks cool though ;)

They were only available in Europe I think, and not over here. So that won't help with finding out anything about them! :(

Interestingly despite being a G60, looks as though you could get them painted in Flash Red rather than the usual Tornado for pre-facelift cars.. I guess these were run out models to drum up clearing out inventory of G60's ahead of them being replaced by the VR6.

http://www.vwcorrado.net/index.php/corrado-sondermodelle/corrado-jet.html

Will you be going back to the Estoril style alloys as well, in keeping with the totally OE finish?

German brochure with the Jet in it also available on eBay currently:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volkswagen-Corrado-1991-92-German-Market-Sales-Brochure-16v-G60-Jet-VR6-/171743657854

Might be useful for some reference pictures, specs, etc!

I will be going with the estorils indeed Jim, going to get them Refurbed in OEM style.

And these were a few colours you could get, I'll show you a picture from the sales brochure I have that came with the car. And yes they are German market only cars.

Thanks for the link I'll take a look!

Here's the sales brochure and also some original factory decals for the car that came with it. Thought you'd like to see them!85075d6b17a4d8d1c4b15dd2138f0ac7.jpgea79e2b297f44f78f75e0221f6fdb733.jpgd8770329f58e9a935be5edec354f14d1.jpg43938f78e16ff5413843b0ae7c0ec4bb.jpg389811fa00248507812fcfa02082c1b0.jpg779bb40d117cb2b38162d1d29f198d6f.jpg3188faf9aee4a3b73011e9179e8d5b25.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers for the advice Mark, just plug it with a gromit?

And yeah I know, still looks cool though ;)

It does look cool.

Are you able to measure the thickness of the plastic and diameter of the hole when you have removed the what ever it is? It may be possible to fit a top hat shaped plug that will be flush with the surface if there is sufficient material to machine.

I'll take a look at my box of bits at the weekend to see if I have anything suitable. Milling the hole is easy. If you are passing by again it'll take no more than 15 mins.

Nice! A set of unapplied decals! That'll help with the refurbishment :)

It does look cool.

Are you able to measure the thickness of the plastic and diameter of the hole when you have removed the what ever it is? It may be possible to fit a top hat shaped plug that will be flush with the surface if there is sufficient material to machine.

I'll take a look at my box of bits at the weekend to see if I have anything suitable. Milling the hole is easy. If you are passing by again it'll take no more than 15 mins.

Just cut it out, the thickness is 4mm and the diameter of the hole is 12mm.

Thank would be very kind of you cheers Mark

So I gave my mum (works as a technician at a college) an old gear knob that came in the car. It was in bad shape as it was missing the middle piece that shows you the gears, so anyone would think it is worthless but she just came home with it and has surprised me by making me a custom emblem to fit in it! Check it out it looks great!

00965b004186bda1375ec71130e9cef2.jpg26cf3e325ea60d851761c8ca634b0382.jpg

Just need the gear surround now, need an early one In black and has to be LHD like this one below as the in my picture is for RHD if anyone has one!

a1f0797e269f50edc182165fcac9c4d1.jpg

There is someone on gumtree just listed stripping a LHD early corrado. It may have the parts you need.

Good luck.

Cressa

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

There is someone on gumtree just listed stripping a LHD early corrado. It may have the parts you need.

Good luck.

Cressa

Thanks Cressa just contacted him now he's got what I need :)

result. That's good to hear.

Good luck

Here's some more pics of the ol' girl. Brakes are pretty seized at the back so got my brother to help me move it. It's also sitting in its arse at the back due to dead top mounts.

It's swapped places with my 16v as mot expires Friday so want to get that done. So it's going to take a back seat for a while but I'll update you on what bits I get and when I get around to showing it some love, as it bloody well needs it!

94bca8b9d75e8de3ed86da2b628c0d40.jpg0b1c5b0a67887309056944d97f844525.jpg8e285d44b3d297133c98a14cc234a8ae.jpg7d515d4077a15333ab13c7c64498b4bb.jpgf57f62f7d44865b864fadf946bccd67d.jpg98166b6e33a7dddddeca8b1d662c0359.jpg00bfa03fb1ed432f506bff262619be62.jpg

Christ, you're a hero taking that on, even all four wheels are non matching!

Christ, you're a hero taking that on, even all four wheels are non matching!

Thanks mate, the 13" steel at the rear drivers side only had one wheel bolt holding it in!

Mick you need a journey up to mine make for a rummage

Trust me Chris I know! It's a shame that you're so far away :( think the best plan would be to come on a day off as it's going to be a 8+ hour round trip.

Small update. Been very busy but managed to get one of the rear wheels off to see what I had. Looked better than I thought, so off with the callipers next and might have a look at the suspension to see of its worth refurbing. 10a9b12a0c977e2bc11064c2ee9ab327.jpg

Do you have an engine lined up for it? I will be removing one soon from a rhd 89 G60 if your interested..

Do you have an engine lined up for it? I will be removing one soon from a rhd 89 G60 if your interested..

I don't at the moment mate but I'm trying to save up for one but i don't know how long that'll take...