drftfan

How to remove the pin in the door handle?

I have done a search and cannot seem to come up with any other way of removing the pin in the door handle except drilling it out. Well my drill bit broke off in it so now I am stuck. Any other methods that work?

I drilled one out recently, well I drilled through it if that makes sense , which weakened it and I put a screw in a little bit then pulled it and the pin out. Not sure how you'll sort it unless you can get the broken bit out? Access isn't the best sadly

Never managed to get a screw in mine... most screws are softer material than the pin. I had to put a tap down mine then pull it out. It only needed a few threads before I could pull it out.

Edited by delfinis38

Well I have continued to screw with this. I have wrote Dave16v but havent heard back. That drill bit is fully stuck in there. I am at a total loss as to what to do. Trying to drill through the broken bit isnt working and the other side is closed off so I cant push it out. the instructions I have say that you can use a finishing nail from the other side to push it out but with it closed off I do not see how that can work.

Any chance of a pic?

Easy to upload with the Tapatalk app

Or just buy another handle off me!!!

Can be complete bitchs to reassemble, don't even think about removing the spindle that holds the striker, done a few but they never feel right afterwards.

I ended up using a cutting wheel and got it out. But the handle repair set I bought doesnt seem to be working right. It actually seems like they are too short by about a half an inch.

Hi Drift,

Any chance you can take a photo of the offending pin that doesn't fit?

My email: [email protected]

Send me yours so i can get you a couple of photos of the spare handles i have.

Cheers-Andrew.

This is probably old but I just worked on one of these broken corrado door handles. In my case the striker arm wasn't broken but the part that moves the arm broke. I ended up ordering a b3 passat front handle with lock. The b3 striker arm was way longer so I had to swap out the g60 one. To remove the arm pin I just used a punch and from the side with the wires I gave it a couple smacks with a nail hammer. It was at an angle but knocked it out enough to pull it the rest with the pliers. Then I swapped the arms and smacked the pin back in with a blunt punch.

What I can't figure out is how to remove the wires inside the door. Do I have to remove the door cards or can I do it from that little access hole towards the bottom of the door??

Thanks!!

This is probably old but I just worked on one of these broken corrado door handles. In my case the striker arm wasn't broken but the part that moves the arm broke. I ended up ordering a b3 passat front handle with lock. The b3 striker arm was way longer so I had to swap out the g60 one. To remove the arm pin I just used a punch and from the side with the wires I gave it a couple smacks with a nail hammer. It was at an angle but knocked it out enough to pull it the rest with the pliers. Then I swapped the arms and smacked the pin back in with a blunt punch.

What I can't figure out is how to remove the wires inside the door. Do I have to remove the door cards or can I do it from that little access hole towards the bottom of the door??

Thanks!!

I had to remove the door card as the wires were zip tied to the door behind the door card

For information you can push the pin out from the cable end but only on early handles as it's not blanked off at the back. The later handles are blanked off at the back but you can tap the pin at the other end to knock a piece out of the back, it actually breaks away very neatly as it's very thin. You can then push the pin out easily. This is the preferred method I recommend with my kits. I've used this method many times with complete success.