Tjninny

Can this be right?

Hi, I've got a Bilstein B12 kit on my VR6, which has had the rear springs changed for the proper ones as the springs supplied were part of the batch which were too low, but I've now got a question regarding the front springs. I've noticed that the ride is firm (expected)but the front springs have the bottom four coils all touching with no gaps at all. I realise that the coils are progressive and should to some extent be like that, but wondered what other people's were like? Is there a chance that I have springs for a 16v and the extra weight of the VR6 are squashing them too far? In comparison my TT with the B12 kit fitted has a gap between each coil on the front springs from top to bottom, hence my suspicion that there may be something wrong with the Corrado ones (and the fact that the rears were wrong as well) Any chance someone could look at the fronts on their B12 and let me know?

I've noticed it on mine and that's been with about 4 different spring kits and coilover. Think its normal

Thanks for the reply Jim - from what I've seen and read I thought it was normal too, but the fact that the same type of Spring on my TT has no gaps at all made me raise the question.