Jim

Eurocarparts DEBACLE!!

I just had to post this up on here as I'm going through the most ludicrous experience with EuroCarParts at the moment.

Earlier in the week I checked stock of two drive belts I need for my 5 series - they were in stock, so I reserved them with click and collect and went to pick them up. I was told the computers were down, they couldn't process any sales.. and to basically come back later. Working in IT was I amazed their whole system could be knackered in this way, but **** happens.. so said no problem and went back to work.

So I left it a day, rang up to confirm the items were there and that the computers were now working (they were) so I said to the guy I'd come in first thing this morning. Duly drive over there this morning only to find out they have one of the belts in stock but the other wasn't in stock, and it would be in by lunch time. Mildly ****ed off as I thought the whole point of click and collect is to RESERVE stock, and I was told they were in stock!

So before lunch time I ring up again - yep, belts are in stock, come and get them. Drive over, and guess what! They don't have the second belt in stock STILL. I wanted to smash the place up, honestly I was so angry. I politely told the lady behind the counter that I knew it's not her fault but that I was just in disbelief at this experience. So now I need to drive back a FOURTH TIME this afternoon to try and pick up this damn belt again.

Rant over.

That is dam poor Jim. No excuses tbh, yes the first time was ok computers down etc, but to be on your fourth trip is just not on.

I would be having a word with the depot's manager and then the regional manager until you get some reasonable answer to why the failed to do what it says "on the tin".

You never know you may get something nice your way for the massive inconvenience of the whole saga.

Come on EP get your act together !!

Do let me know how get on.

Edited by Ray1965

Yeah I'd want free delivery to my door for one! - thats bad.... my local one isn't tooooooo bad - they always do me a deal when I ask for the best price...

I'm too soft on companies when I get this sort of thing. I don't really want compensation - I just want them to know they screwed up and try and make sure it doesn't happen again. But you're right - I should give them both barrels when I go back this afternoon and I should have demanded the free delivery.

I'm too soft on companies when I get this sort of thing. I don't really want compensation - I just want them to know they screwed up and try and make sure it doesn't happen again. But you're right - I should give them both barrels when I go back this afternoon and I should have demanded the free delivery.

They should give you something just for the sheer inconvenience, without you asking for it.

That didn't seem to be on the cards.. but maybe I'll see what's what when I go back.

I would have told them to stuff it. What is it with these big companies?. Most of them don't know weather to have a sh£t or a haircut

Finally got the belt on the 4th visit this evening... 3 of those today! Mid way through being served, the assistant went out for a cigarette break and another guy took over.. meanwhile someone was having a furious / emotional argument with a manager outside that seemed to be more relating to a personnel issue than a problem with a car part.

I think it's fair to say that branch has some management and/or morale issues. Big time.

It's basically mcdonalds standard of business imo. No one actually seems to care, it's just a job.

I get stuff delivered now, as didn't really like the atmosphere in my local one.

After receiving fake parts from them twice, I'll never go back.

Gsf are better and cheaper when you get a discount code. (Sign up for email and you get them all the time)

Current code JUN53 for 53% off.

The one in Cambridge is ok but you have to really check you're getting the correct part and the website is full of errors. In the past I've been a gsf fan but now my nearest is miles away.

Local TPS is very good, and they love it when I turn up in the rado. Not as cheap though.

Become friendly with your local motor factors and forget these ECP, GSF and TPS guys. You'll get much better service, be able to source most parts and the prices will be cheap 7 days a week and not just at the weekends.