Dogma

Nice looking storm (green) for sale

then there's the Mystic Storm that's done 310k miles, with sunroof and rear spoiler not working. Has only one photo, not much description and asking price of a fiver short of £10k! Some people are getting carried away, which is understandable, but at least put up a decent advert for a top money vehicle.

then there's the Mystic Storm that's done 310k miles, with sunroof and rear spoiler not working. Has only one photo, not much description and asking price of a fiver short of £10k! Some people are getting carried away, which is understandable, but at least put up a decent advert for a top money vehicle.

It's a storm! Price is irrelevant! Right? 😂

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I Haven't said anything...? A quick check tells a story. Got the reg from the tax reminder in the last picture.

Your screen must have a better resolution than mine, I can make out the first and last but that's it lol

Your screen must have a better resolution than mine, I can make out the first and last but that's it lol

It's there, I was on the laptop when I zoomed in. It's a better looking car than the last one that just sold.

It's there, I was on the laptop when I zoomed in. It's a better looking car than the last one that just sold.

I can't see anything bad, mileage checks out, just the usual ABS light on, corroded brake lines, rear wheel bearings etc?

Maybe it's just me being fussy and looking for an excuse not to get too enthusiastic about buying another corrado. Lol

Did that check myself but anyhow, it's off the cards now. Hope it's gone to the right home as said before.

Watching this one just now on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152582237432

Car was on gumtree for 7900 until the owner had a lot of interest and so decided it was best to put in on eBay.

Considering how rare the storm is (according to how many left website) it would seem half of them have been for sale just recently.

I think that demonstrates that How Many Left can't be taken as Gospel. At least not for specific variants. It says there's about 10 Storms left. For a rare, special edition to lose 98% of the cars in just over 20 years is pretty unlikely.

The most common error that crops up is vehicles that don't have exactly the correct model variant recorded on their V5 registration document. For example, a special edition Peugeot 205 Gentry might only have Peugeot 205 recorded on its V5. This can lead to some model variants appearing to be rarer than they actually are.
Edited by Pc80

If i remember correctly it was never stated on the logbook that they were Storm's, if it does state Storm someone would of updated the logbook at some point.

So how many left would be incorrect if it's using this method.

Yeah, sorry... It didn't come across well but I was having a dig at how many storms are sold as being rare. I believe everything on the internet... LOL

How many left is a great guide if you look at overall numbers for most of the model range - the V5s never had 'Storm' or 'Automatic' information that just someone changing the V5 info.

In fact the number of 'Storm' models has increased from 5 in the last year they were sold to 17 if you include the SORN'd one by 2017!

What's more interesting is the number of cars that are SORN'd, around 66% of G60s are in that state and that's a fairly consistent value over the last 3 years. Valvers sit at the 66% mark for SORN but that includes both 1.8 and 2.0 cars so it's impossible to work out the early/late split.

The VR6 on the other hand is far more common as around 50% are SORN'd.

Total number of cars SORN'd has risen by 1000 over the last 8 years at the same time the number of on the road cars has dropped by 2400 and 1400 of those have been scrapped.