rsgntx

SOLD New Home SOLD DG Supercharged VR6

Drove home smoking like a 70s Disco smoke machine on the over run and used all oil in 355 miles .

Parked it up dropped what was left - put some 10w40 semi in and it was way worse smoking most of the time .

Dropped it out and put a good 10w50 in and now ticking over is okay until up to temp and smokes .does not smoke on initial start up .

I have done some checks and will be doing some more investigation before deciding what to do with the car .

If anyone is interested in her as she sits drop me a PM please.

Drove home smoking like a 70s Disco smoke machine on the over run and used all oil in 355 miles .

Parked it up dropped what was left - put some 10w40 semi in and it was way worse smoking most of the time .

Dropped it out and put a good 10w50 in and now ticking over is okay until up to temp and smokes .does not smoke on initial start up .

I have done some checks and will be doing some more investigation before deciding what to do with the car .

I take it you havent had it long, how has this fault happened

I take it you havent had it long, how has this fault happened

I am not sure but made the fatal mistake of not driving the car before I purchased it - I did not even get a run in it to be honest.

You live and learn I suppose

That's not good, and repairable at least.

A quick check with a bore scope would give you an easy idea of what's going on. Think you can get usb ones these days.

Best wishes for whatever future the car holds and for you and your patience.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

That's not good, and repairable at least.

A quick check with a bore scope would give you an easy idea of what's going on. Think you can get usb ones these days.

Best wishes for whatever future the car holds and for you and your patience.

Thanks - You certainly dodged a bullet !

Waited all this time for a silver one and bought the wrong one

Sorry to hear of this. It looked such a good car too. There but for the grace of etc. I've done the same as you myself several times!

sorry to hear this mate, i would be trailering the car back and getting my money back at this stage

Thanks - You certainly dodged a bullet !

Waited all this time for a silver one and bought the wrong one

If it wasn't you or me it would have been someone else... Can't say I'm impressed with advertising in what is a good, genuine enthusiast forum. Bit of a sour one but it's still a good car at the end of the day. Not many non rusty ones and in silver... something special if you ask me and worth saving.

I do not want a bun fight over this to be honest - both myself and the seller came to an agreement and I just want to move on from it now.

The car will either be A - Sold as is, B - Parted out to an extent or C - Repaired and then sold.

Its caused me a lot of grief and hassle as is and after returning from holiday its the least of my problems at the moment to be honest.

I have a great name in the VAG scene and have done for over 40 years so this whole saga has really left a bitter taste to what should have been an enjoyable experience after looking for the right car all these years.

Why not put some new pics up (the originals have been blocked for third party posting by photobucket) and a price?

Why not put some new pics up (the originals have been blocked for third party posting by photobucket) and a price?

Pics are in the original sellers album and for a price drop me a PM

Thanks

Well that truly sucks and I hope it wasn't sold to you like that intentionally as that's a real dick move if it was. Fun how he hasn't appeared on here to defend himself! But that's just me being cynical as I've caught short in a similar situation with my first VR6. Low compression in 3 cylinders but didn't find out untill after i purchased it but as you say you live and you learn.

Best of luck with what ever venture you take with it

Pics are in the original sellers album and for a price drop me a PM

Thanks

The pics no longer show, photobucket no longer supports 3rd party forum hosting unless you pay them

I have a link here to the photos but I'd like red arrows permission if that's ok?

I have a link here to the photos but I'd like red arrows permission if that's ok?

Yes that is fine with me mate - Thanks

Still a real nice looking thing, the colour, the wheels and the all red rears set it off nicely.

Still a real nice looking thing, the colour, the wheels and the all red rears set it off nicely.

Thanks for sorting the pics out - Smoked all red rears now !!!! Lol !

Thanks for sorting the pics out - Smoked all red rears now !!!! Lol !
Took me a minute to get that

Glad you've got a sense of humour about it all...

Might be worth putting up the current specs or maybe some pics?

Hi Elliot kindly put a link up to the pics and the spec is still the same - its only travelled around 400 miles