Shrewboy67

Will a VR6 front bumper fit a 16v?

Hi, I have a 94 16V. Can anyone tell me please if a 1994 VR6 front bumper will fit onto the 1994 16V? I'm led to believe that it might be slightly larger. can anyone confirm before I go an get hold of one that may not fit. Thanks

I thought all the post-93 cars had the same exterior body parts..?

A Corrado is for life, not just for the MOT.

I'm not sure hence the question. I have read elsewhere that the VR6 was slightly wider at the front but it could be that it was the early versions that were then standardised in 93.

AFIK the VR received the 'wider track' as part of the early / late revision, whilst it also received the 5 stud pattern

as such i believe all late vehicles would have the same front bumpers, only early or crossover year vehicles may have a slightly narrower front bumper (about 10mm each side i think)

a call to VW wit the chassis number should get a 100% answer

The track width difference was all in the subframe and suspension components, I don't think it effects the bodywork.

A Corrado is for life, not just for the MOT.

All late bumpers are the same no matter what model. It's the year not the model with front and rear bumpers. The fog light and indicators are different fitting as well as the lip line

It will fit with no issues.

Late wings are around 10mm wider at the arch flare on all late cares to compensate for wider tyres (205 as standard).

Plus suspension on a Corrado is a bodge as it requires the top turret on the inner wing to be wider to accommodate the setup correctly, the inner wing and bulkhead are the same on all cars.