annavr6

VR6 Oil cooler early plastic bolt

Hi

Needing the early metal type large bolt that sits in the front of the original oil cooler. Its the one where it separates apart. Needing it to fit my external cooler.

Mine is plastic :-(

I have one for sure Anna. I will take a look to confirm

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

I have one for sure Anna. I will take a look to confirm

awesome, thanks.

Just realised i put early plastic bolt but it should say metal

checked mine last night as my engine is a right old mix of early and late parts. Its deffo plastic. damn! So deffo need one of these

Deco have Anna will get picture for you tonight

d7b2f707a7a410be124ada336743198f.jpg

Hi

Awesome, I believe the pipe should separate from the cap. If it does then i will take it. Drop me the details for payment etc over

to fit the oil cooler as well as the sandwich plate you need an extension to the centre bolt. Cant remember the sizes but it will be printed on the existing bolt somewhere. Merlin motorsport do them:

https://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/s/oil-system/extension-bolts

got that bit which i b elieve is this one

https://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/p/mocal-extension-bolt-for-the-volkswagen-vr6-engine-m-eb-vr6

No that's the one just for the sandwich plate. I have the same installed in my car.

You need the extension to allow fitting of the heat exchanger as well (which I understand you want to do?)

Fla is that not the longer one. I have teh same fitted to mine

the picture probably doesnt do it justice

No that's the one just for the sandwich plate. I have the same installed in my car.

You need the extension to allow fitting of the heat exchanger as well (which I understand you want to do?)

Hi

thats what it lists to do in their description, allows the fitment retaining the original oil cooler. So confused now.

Does anyone want to fit the bloody thing for me lol

As far as i was aware i needed an early cap that metal and comes apart and that bolt i have in the link about, then bolt it all up together. job done

I think i may have one of those metal caps remaining off a '92 Vr mill.

I'll look later on and let you know, that's if Chris fuzzer can't help out.

The easiest thing to do is to not bother with an extra oil cooler. Are they really needed? I know my car has achieved 236,000miles with a standard oil cooler and never had an oil overheating problem.

I have to agree. Provided the coolant system is in good order, they shouldn't be needed. If it's getting too hot there may well be a problem elsewhere.

Thanks for the input people. The engine is fully rebuilt with only 2000 miles on it, it had pistons/shells etc etc 6 years ago and the cooling system is good, all new samco hoses on there and no leaks etc.

For me when i sit in traffic going to shows during summer it gets hot, up to about 120 IIRC, (been 4 years wince ive driven it) so ive always thought about adding a cooler for this reason. Plus i have it already bought now so would be happy to run it. Just dont want to get it wrong.

Super motivated right now to get it rebuilt!

Some people wire a switch in so they can turn the fans on when sat in traffic, maybe worth considering, not sure how well the rad fans will move air over the oil cooler though, depending where its mounted.