misterbeck

VR6 Throttle dash pot

Throttle dash pot part no. 034133283 required.

Im still struggling to source this part either new or used.

cheers folks

Looking for one myself - the only one available seems to be https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/dashpot/034133283/, but some price - and a couple of second hand ones on German fleabay.

It was also an Audi part, so might be worth checking a breakers, or some breaking parts cars on here might be able to help. I'm looking for a new one though - presume you are as well.

Yes i know what you are saying the new ones are strong money. I saw some advertised in the US for in excess $130.

I got a slight stalling issue now on heavy braking and deceleration and changing down approaching a junction.

I had the breather valve replaced by The Phirm and that made a big difference, however even though massively reduced there is still a small stalling problem - they said that to absolutely illuminate the problem i needed to get preferably a new throttle dash pot.

Yes adjusting it made a difference - but still left with very occasional stalling once in a while - maybe just once a week now.

Ah ok. Might be worth trying VAG or TPS. I have a few sources in Germane I can try as well and will let you know how I get on. Did you ask Heritage?

Yes that would be great buddy - much appreciated. I already tried VW Heritage + VW Classic parts - but out of stock.

Lets stay in touch. Ill see what i can track down.

Just checked with VW here, deleted without replacement. But sometimes there will be some new old stock hanging around the dealer network. The hunt is on.....

Thanks for update mate. Think I'm reluctantly going to have to bite the bullet and purchase an expensive new one from the US. Need one soon.

Yes, there are a quite a number of VAG cars that use the same part - the problem is that it is NLA and impossible to get new. I don't really want to put an old one on unless I have to as the spring will be tired and the rubber damper is bound to have degraded.