corrado_sunderland

Owning a performance car or classic just becoming difficult

There is no environmental issue where the internal combustion engine is concerned. The real problem is consumerism and corporate greed - which only projects the illusion that they care about the environment. We are terribly wasteful, like ridiculously wasteful, and running a 25 year old classic should be commended instead of punished. Modern vehicles, whether they be petrol or electrical, all have inherent failures built in and will barely make it past 10 years before the are considered uneconomical to repair. It's quite clear the manufacturers don't want us maintaining them ourselves as they make them so complex and require special tools to do the most simplest of tasks. My future aim is to solely deal and work with classics.

Unfortunately the ICE is responsible for distribution of pollution to our homes. Continued use of it also precludes the use of clean or low carbon energy, and it's also no longer the best drive system for a car - that is now by far the brushless electric motor. Lots of reasons it should probably be phased out, and no reasons why we should keep using it. (For new cars!)

Classics will always exist though, as will petrol heads.. :)

A Corrado is for life, not just for the MOT.

The only new cars I'm interested in currently are Lotus, Morgan and Caterham products. Pretty much everything else has already moved too far in the wrong direction as far as tech and electric gizmos are concerned..not to mention the awful oversized styling and poor driving experience.

Well although my reply was a rant its good to see that when i read on people agree in some ways :)

Hydrogen is explosive yes but storage devices that can take a shotgun shell etc have been around years now, just look at Bob Lazars corvette . The explosive tank is a bull excuse to put a good solution down and always was.

Converting most engines to hydro would save materials, waste and create a short term zero emissions era to stop us turning Earth into a hot pot.

Plus you could run a v8 on water :D whooo :lol:

But i know, thats just too sensible and not profitable enough.

Thats why i like the forum. Most of you on here are not nieve or stupid like the hipsters on other forums ;)