Dazz_G60_Wales

Full engine loom for g60 corrado

Looking for a damaged wiring loom so I can try and get my own loom repaired in places where its looking a little ropey.

At the moment I have a break in the alternator sender wire for the clocks so getting no battery light and no charge at the battery.

Any help on this would be apreesh.

Cheers

Edited by Dazz_G60_Wales

The blue alternator exciter wire or the actual big red wire that goes to the starter and then to the positive side of the battery?

Just run a spare bit of wiring?

Daz, you do realize the amount of work involved in changing the loom mate?.. And that's if you can find a decent loom for not much coin.

You 100% sure you can't just add on a new section of wire?

Edited by VEEDUBBED

I have a full loom. Its out of a 89 G60. Will have to check but don't think it has been mucked about with. Pm me if interested.

The blue alternator exciter wire or the actual big red wire that goes to the starter and then to the positive side of the battery?

Just run a spare bit of wiring?

Daz, you do realize the amount of work involved in changing the loom mate?.. And that's if you can find a decent loom for not much coin.

You 100% sure you can't just add on a new section of wire?

Surely there must be a way of locating and bypassing the damaged part, I'm no expert but as VEEDUBBED has said, it must be easier than changing an entire loom?

Would Vagcom identify the fault?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

You can easily find the break with a voltmeter by checking resistance. If it is a broken wire either solder it back together or use a duraseal connector. As said, changing the full loom is a mammoth task!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Cheers all.

Not going to do the loom now as it does sound a huge job,just in a lousy mood yesterday and coming out with all sorts of sh$t but would still like to buy a damaged loom so I can replace some connectors etc where they are looking ropey.

Just nervous of more electrical problems due to the condition of it all.

Dazz,

Send some pics of the connectors or details of wires you are after and i should be able to help you out.

Mark

Hi Mark cheers M8 but was really hoping for the best part of a loom so I always have bits here following any problems.

I will try and send pics later in the week as it's in a garage at the moment waiting for a new starter motor to go in monday so can't get to it.

I might have a full LHD one from a 91 Corrado G60. I only need the body wiring. If you're looking for LHD stuff I'll peek through my wiring stuffs from my life long project

Not after left hand drive stuff m8 as in uk but only after connectors for the engine bay off the loom so that would be fine dependant on price.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Edited by Dazz_G60_Wales

Finally found the main fault for my breakdown on Friday.

Convinced it was something I did. Poncing it up for the show turned out to be pure coincidence.

6fdb5a318232865008234591f118da06.jpg871d032c81a48633a845f9b933ee8cd4.jpg

Finally found the main fault for my breakdown on Friday.

Convinced it was something I did. Poncing it up for the show turned out to be pure coincidence.

6fdb5a318232865008234591f118da06.jpg871d032c81a48633a845f9b933ee8cd4.jpg

The main battery lead to the starter that leapfrogs on to the alternator was hanging on by a thread so looked ok at first glance.

Moved some pipes outta the way today and saw the break.

Only problem is its still not charging so hoping the 12volt feed has blown the diode on the alternator as it was charging friday but no starter motor !

Now have no battery light on start up or running and no charge at battery.

Alternators being looked at tommoz so fingers crossed !

The main battery lead to the starter that leapfrogs on to the alternator was hanging on by a thread so looked ok at first glance.

Moved some pipes outta the way today and saw the break.

Only problem is its still not charging so hoping the 12volt feed has blown the diode on the alternator as it was charging friday but no starter motor !

Now have no battery light on start up or running and no charge at battery.

Alternators being looked at tommoz so fingers crossed !

What you need is a nice VR6 Daz, that way we might make it to the national next year! (Lights blue touch paper and bravely runs away)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Lol all the same electrics Bud so be carefull the jinx don't come back on you

Edited by Dazz_G60_Wales