Geeba

Bosch starter motor casting?

Afternoon

Anyone got an old Bosch starter motor? Doesn't matter if it doesn't work... I was servicing mine and put the Ali casting in a bucket of patio cleaner.. forgot about it band it trashed it!

Afternoon

Anyone got an old Bosch starter motor? Doesn't matter if it doesn't work... I was servicing mine and put the Ali casting in a bucket of patio cleaner.. forgot about it band it trashed it!

This is the part04623d78ad86eb3af02108c14fb121c4.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

People have fitted a Golf V5 starter and say they crank faster for better starting, V5 stuff is usually bargain basement as no one wants them.

People have fitted a Golf V5 starter and say they crank faster for better starting, V5 stuff is usually bargain basement as no one wants them.

This.

I have one and its much better.

Wouldnt you be able to sand it back or soda blast it to a clean surface? Or have i missed the point?

Wouldnt you be able to sand it back or soda blast it to a clean surface? Or have i missed the point?

Morning Hasan

Unfortunately I left it to long in the patio cleaner which is hydrochloric acid and it ate away the thinner parts of the casting... including the screw threads that hold the motor together :(

Usually it does a great job... good on steel and iron but you have to go careful with Ali as it just fizzies away... that was a proper good starter I'd recently bought off Lilfuzzer so I'm double annoyed with myself.

Have tried looking for V5 ones on ebay but they all seem to be pattern parts or the Bosch ones look very different... it seems to get listed as an 18T one as well... bit confusing.

If anyone does have a broken Bosch one I'd still be interested ;)

My bad geeb, I didn't read that part were it's for a Vr..

I have a whole unit off a low mileage Vr but it'd be a sin to open it just for bits.

Sorry mate.