delfinis38

Brake fluid.. quantity

As title how much fluid does the vr6 system hold... done a fluid change this morning just wondering if I pushed enough through.... must of used about 800ml not quite a litre.

Edited by delfinis38

I think the manual refers to 500 ml as the amount to bleed out of each caliper. There is no capacity for the brake fluid, presumably because it would depend on the state of your pads/rotors. So I would have 2 liters available to do a complete flush of all 4 calipers.

Yeah you want to keep draining until the fluid look clean at each corner. Don't forget to bleed clutch master and slave cylinders, and brake mc too. I also the abs pump to make sure all is OK. These cars are notoriously difficult to bleed unless you have a vacuum bleeder so I'd definitely get more than you think you'll need.

Thanks folks... the stuff that came through was a lot nicer yellow colour that came out initially. I used an easy bleed on a bike tyre at 12 psi. Don't really like using it as it pushes the stuff through rather than sucking it.. always very wary of the valves on the abs pump. But it works and is easy.

Don't realise how rubbish the brake pedal is compared to a modern car.

No kidding, you take your life into your hands every time you step into an airbag-free 140 mph capable nineties sports car...

A Corrado is for life, not just for the MOT.

I loooove my brake pedal. It modulates perfectly in a very linear fashion. Modern cars are too boosted if you ask me.

I loooove my brake pedal. It modulates perfectly in a very linear fashion. Modern cars are too boosted if you ask me.
They are good but damn modern cars have so much better brakes it's astonishing, in absolute stopping power not so much as feel or anything like that. The brakes are bigger, the wheels are bigger, the chassis is better able to prevent the shifts of weight and keep the wheels in position.

A Corrado is for life, not just for the MOT.