battyr32

Gear Selection

Hi Guys,

Can anyone help me with my gear selection, it needs alot of encouraging to engage, sometimes ok and other times takes 2-3 goes to get it in gears.

I've adjusted my Mk2 Golf before with a tool, but is there a way with the cables to adjust them>?

Only thing letting the car down at the moment. 1991 G60.

Edited by battyr32

with my VR i often would miss 3rd when changing up from 2nd when getting a boot on - until i fitted a daves16v short shifter, not had a missed gear since

I believe this already has a short shifter kit from previous owner..Because its had a vast amount of engine work I suspect the alignment has been knocked and would like to follow an idiots guide to setting this up.

Thanks

i see

you should be able to tell if it has a kit fitted by lifting the gear selector surround & checking if any metal has been cut away at the front part (closest to dash)

not sure on a how to - have you checked the wiki on here?

To be honest I wouldn't know what a standard one looks like so might have to google that.

Not done a search on here, but a general google search yielded nothing connclusive which is a shame because I've spoken to a few with the same issues.

To be honest I wouldn't know what a standard one looks like so might have to google that.

Not done a search on here, but a general google search yielded nothing connclusive which is a shame because I've spoken to a few with the same issues.

thats what i mean m8 - if it has a short shifter fitted it will have had some of the metal surround removed

you have to carve a small chunk out to fit one of daves shifters, i know as i have done it myself

if it is uncut then id say it doesnt have one

have a check in the wiki section here http://the-corrado.net/forumdisplay.php?42-Wiki-amp-Knowledge-Base

I've just had a look and it has something modified, it's anodised blue. (Can't seem to upload a picture of it here) Newbie.

Sussed it, see picture below.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]90596[/ATTACH]

That looks very similar to my b&m short shifter in fact, i'd say it is a b&m one mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok cool, so hopefully you can help?

To be honest mate, the only experience I've got myself is removing the standard shifter and fitting the b&m short shifter and i did that about 3 years ago lol.

Have a read of the below for adjustment

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?32297-gear-linkage-adjustment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it doesnt look like a daves16v one as they dont have any blue parts

i'd agree it has been changed though as you can see the cut away bit i mentioned