dazzx10r

My Corrado 1.8 20v turbo build

Not a good start to the weekend, as I went into the garage I could smeel petrol. A quick glance under the car revealed a nice pool of petrol.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]91855[/ATTACH]

The leak was coming from the accumulator pipe that was quite rotten, so no option for it I had to take the pump assembly down to investigate further. Seems that wasn't the only problem. The plastic pump housing was also cracked, admitedly made slightly worse as I was wrestling to remove it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]91858[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]91861[/ATTACH]

So a bit of clever plastic welding with the soldering iron ensued, follwed up with a coat of epoxy resin.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]91864[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]91867[/ATTACH]

A bit of an update, I've managed to get the intercooler pipe welded up and fitted, I'm just pondering sending it off for powder coating now.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]91978[/ATTACH]

Also fitted my carbon air intake, it's a Simota one off my old BMW 328 Msport. I made a little bracket for it and secured it to the intercooler pipe.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]91981[/ATTACH]

I'm just waiting on a silicone hose arriving now for the recirc valve.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]91984[/ATTACH]

I've also been a little bit busy in the back of the car.

I made a strut brace with the mountings welded to the strut towers.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]91987[/ATTACH]

And boarded the rear bench seat area out around my battery after reloacting it to the back of the car. I need to source some carpet now and carpet over it all. I'm trying to make the back of the car look something like the Audi TT Sport Quattro.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]91990[/ATTACH]

I see you haven't posted in a few months but I have been looking for the guide that you mentioned on club gti and I cant find it, any chance you could share the link? Thanks.

It's been a while since I last posted on here so here's an update to where the car is now.

A change of plans with the interior, I have decided to go back to the factory look and reinstall the rear seats and carpet. The battery has been moved to the nearside rear corner on a custom made battery tray.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]95185[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]95186[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]95187[/ATTACH]

Edited by dazzx10r

Which brings things back up to date Unfortunately a change of plans means that the car is now going up for sale, I'll be sorry to see it go as I had every intention of keeping it for good but I simply don't have the free space to keep it and couldn't bear to see it sat outside on my drive rusting away.