1200 bandit

Sorry but hear l am again

Thinking of getting a Strut Tower Bar Brace the bar that goes from top mount to top mount

Are they any good,do they make much difference,how does the bar secure to the top mounts

Has anyone fitted this type of brace bar.

Again any information welcome thanks in advance

They’re bolted down,(or mine is) so you need access to underside of shock “tower” doesn’t really make much difference in handling IMHO

Rear ARB made most difference,then the rear strut brace,then the front.This is just my view,from all the miles I have done in my Corrado

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They’re bolted down,(or mine is) so you need access to underside of shock “tower” doesn’t really make much difference in handling IMHO

Rear ARB made most difference,then the rear strut brace,then the front.This is just my view,from all the miles I have done in my Corrado

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for the hijack, but which rear strut brace are you using? I'm with you that a rear anti-roll bar makes a big difference and was thinking about a rear strut brace - maybe Trimsport - but there seems to be a bit of a debate over whether non-triangulated ones are worth fitting.

Mines not triangulated,but I can feel when it’s not on the car,had a trimsport one,now got a bbm adjustable one

c50f67886348950bdfd42fb3dfddd208.jpg

Excuse pic,car needs a clean

Edited by dragon green

Certainly true that modern cars are way stiffer than Corrados. These old cars are as flexible as a gymnast.. part of the secret to the fluid handling in some ways, but not so good for stability.

A Corrado is for life, not just for the MOT.

Mines not triangulated,but I can feel when it’s not on the car,had a trimsport one,now got a bbm adjustable one

Excuse pic,car needs a clean

Cheers for that. Does the adjustability help? Any issues with the Trimsport one?

Nothing wrong with the trimsport version,

My poor old Corrado has to work for its living,with the BBM one,you just twist it,take out the pins,remove the bar and it gives you a lot more space when the seats are laid flat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just got the strut brace from eBay £40.00 all in

Look at the rear brace above that’s look good

May be getting one of those in a couple of months

What is the cost of a rear brace

Nothing wrong with the trimsport version,

My poor old Corrado has to work for its living,with the BBM one,you just twist it,take out the pins,remove the bar and it gives you a lot more space when the seats are laid flat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for that. I'll maybe splash out on a Trimsport one come the spring. They've revised the design slightly, apparently, and you can get them either direct from Trimpsport or from them on eBay I think. The idea of not having to drill the rear strut towers appeals, but I gather the one that works best is the triangulated Neuspeed version, which is obsolete.

Well got the strut brace dos not fit, hits the header tank and the brake master cylinder,says it is for a vw golf ect.

The company that sold the brace is excellent customer service no problem with them refunding the money

If you have a strut brace fitted can you post some photos to see how it’s fitted

Cheers