George Lee

2.0 16v Corrado

Havnt updated for a while as I've been driving her and enjoying her for a while before I start on other jobs.

I spent a day washing, claying, polishing and protecting the paint. Which she really needed doing. And I finally got new tyres and got the steels on.

00fd5aac6824c21ea98b8fcf93ecac3e.jpg

0eee778bb218646b486ee3da6d989aeb.jpg

ee7d7423aac802c0d40315b04bf0918c.jpg

4af7eb276c7a02de13835533fccb74a6.jpg

Also picked up these as I'm changing my mind on the steels.

145ae8e6e0ecfcf69cf7d272aad15891.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Havnt updated for a while as I've been driving her and enjoying her for a while before I start on other jobs.

I spent a day washing, claying, polishing and protecting the paint. Which she really needed doing. And I finally got new tyres and got the steels on.

00fd5aac6824c21ea98b8fcf93ecac3e.jpg

0eee778bb218646b486ee3da6d989aeb.jpg

ee7d7423aac802c0d40315b04bf0918c.jpg

4af7eb276c7a02de13835533fccb74a6.jpg

Also picked up these as I'm changing my mind on the steels.

145ae8e6e0ecfcf69cf7d272aad15891.jpg

Looking fantastic, but to be totally honest my preferred look is with with the steels. :-)

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Looking fantastic, but to be totally honest my preferred look is with with the steels. :-)

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I know I think I'm starting to think that aswell. Would also look better with centre caps for them aswell

I know I think I'm starting to think that aswell. Would also look better with centre caps for them aswell

Was going to say if you don’t want the steels lol ;-)

Did you have the rears widened?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Havnt updated in a while, here's a few pictures of how I have her now, back on the steels now I have center caps.

3b45ff734f63d12100c9c00babb4e086.jpg

1600ceab10755c6b871a56fd26414f08.jpg

853b3b0b2003822ab50605b276ebd02a.jpg

One little project I did do to the car was install air cups on the front. I made two MDF stands which hold the fire extinguisher tanks. And the compressor and wiring is all hidden under them. Could do with a photo of the boot how to how it looks like now, I covered the stands in black leather.

bb2ea77a284c7a32ee04e6c5baf1f5dd.jpg

a0f7ba4a066050c213b7f7727632912d.jpg

Havnt updated in a while, here's a few pictures of how I have her now, back on the steels now I have center caps.

3b45ff734f63d12100c9c00babb4e086.jpg

1600ceab10755c6b871a56fd26414f08.jpg

853b3b0b2003822ab50605b276ebd02a.jpg

Looking good, glad you decided to keep them :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know the wiring and light switch can be bad but are you expecting a big fire :)

Tidy motor

After reading and reading up on 20v swaps, I found this down the road and got in the van to pick it up !

7b0bfdc381e6119bf594557b8e28a5c4.jpg

07bab6a250964b91160ea07b525ebc9c.jpg

Got everything included which I needed aswell.

I've started getting the engine ready to go in by cleaning and getting bits powder coated. Also new timing belt and pieces while it's out.

a64781e8094ffb3dbd0f5737ee9b3c55.jpg

Anyone have any tips or good how to's on this swps. I've read alot so pretty clued up but things like connecting fuel lines and water lines to heater matrix. Also taking my old loom out.

Nice one. The corrado is definitely suited for more power and will easily take it once properly set up. I was running 265 bhp and the chassis had no issues. Picking up a complete engine with looms and ecu is spot on and will make life easier. The wiring once you get into it isn't very difficult, the hardest part I found was trying to work the connectors behind the fuse box with limited space. There are a few people on here with 20v swaps that will be very willing to give advice but essentially they drop in very easily onto the original 16v mounts. I'm always learning myself but please ask if you need any advice, I've just dropped an AMK into mine after my mishap with my AEB engine plus have a full K04 conversion from that engine if you were interested in a bit more power. Which engine code do you have now?

I'd also send you in the direction of Trackslag for one of their downpipes plus Autosiliconehose for bits and pieces of plumbing

Nice one. The corrado is definitely suited for more power and will easily take it once properly set up. I was running 265 bhp and the chassis had no issues. Picking up a complete engine with looms and ecu is spot on and will make life easier. The wiring once you get into it isn't very difficult, the hardest part I found was trying to work the connectors behind the fuse box with limited space. There are a few people on here with 20v swaps that will be very willing to give advice but essentially they drop in very easily onto the original 16v mounts. I'm always learning myself but please ask if you need any advice, I've just dropped an AMK into mine after my mishap with my AEB engine plus have a full K04 conversion from that engine if you were interested in a bit more power. Which engine code do you have now?
Cheers dude. I'm getting someone to do the loom for me but taking it out is daunting me as I'm not the best with wiring and it scares me haha. Yeah I'm going to use my wheel or a g60 with a vr6 clutch and my box just for ease. Also going to buy a bigger intercooler and induction so I can get it mapped. Not looking for mega power but 220 will do me

I'd also send you in the direction of Trackslag for one of their downpipes plus Autosiliconehose for bits and pieces of plumbing
I'm going to do my own downpipe as I'm a stainless pipe welder so should be easy enough engine code is auq

I'm very jealous if you can do your own fab work. You'll probably find your gearbox very short on the ratios with more torque added with a fair bit of wheel spin, it could be worth fitting a different box at this stage whilst it's apart. An oversize TIP always give a nice little chunk of extra power on the induction side if it helps. Can't wait to see it in the car and running, the turbo engines are very addictive and I'm sure you'll be after more power soon

Doesn't the BAM set up make the intercooler pipework easier - throttle body on the right?

Nice buy, look forward to seeing the build

Doesn't the BAM set up make the intercooler pipework easier - throttle body on the right?

If you put the cooler in the middle both style of engines are easy and cross for one side to the other, the BAM is neater though in my opinion

Stripped the engine down last night ready to throw some gunk on it to clean it and paint the block. Also doing the cam belt whilst I'm there. Took the inlet and rocker cover off and got a mate powder coating them for me.

06e8b619aa89dcfb38110f6134be051d.jpg

Looks good and good luck with the build. I fancy sticking one of these engines in a Porsche 924, but will keep my Corrado!

Looks great. Have you had a look at fitting the dbw throttle pedal yet? I'm just about to fit mine and it looks like a right ball ache, I'd appreciate any advice

Looks great. Have you had a look at fitting the dbw throttle pedal yet? I'm just about to fit mine and it looks like a right ball ache, I'd appreciate any advice
Cheers pal. I havnt yet no. But I did find a thread somone wrote up on doing it. And it didn't look too hard, it was just a case of making a bracket and tack welding it in. Ill try and find it again.