Mongbow

Steering Kicking!

When I'm cornering the steering is trying to kick out as if it's trying to recentre i.e. if im turning right it'll kick to the left. Has anyone else had this problem and does anyone have any ideas how to fix?

Thanks all

Bumps in the road surface? Or are you implying the power assistance is pushing against you? It's obviously normal for the steering to be weighted to want to straighten up.

A Corrado is for life, not just for the MOT.

Could be a number of suspension or steering related parts. Best to get it up in the air and check over everything if it feels wrong.

Thanks all.

It's not just general bumps etc it always does it. I'm chucking it on the ramps tomorrow for a good old look. Hope it's an easy fix

When I'm cornering the steering is trying to kick out as if it's trying to recentre i.e. if im turning right it'll kick to the left. Has anyone else had this problem and does anyone have any ideas how to fix?

Thanks all

If cars been lowered and geometry not set correctly after.

'Bump Steer' is when your wheels steer themselves due to incorrect length or angle of the suspension and particularly steering linkages and the castor geometry together.

So if lowered and steering rack remains in original position the track rods are likely not be in the ideal horizontal plane. This causes the mechanical advantage to bump steer' and becomes greater the more it's lowered making it further from horizontal when rested on tyres.

Hope this helps

One thing to note is that old cars have way, way way more steering feel than any modern cars and the difference in the amount of feedback from the wheels making it up to the steering wheel is staggering. All modern cars have ****e steering by comparison. Just a point to make if this is your first foray into owning an older car.

A Corrado is for life, not just for the MOT.