fla

schrick plumbing

Well i'm finally the proud owner of an OBD2 schrick manifold (many thanks Dukest!).

In the process of cleaning it up and getting the right size of hoses. Can anyone shed some light on what ones are needed and roughly what length? John (Dukest) kindly gave me a drawing showing the setup. He also suggested using an elbow on top of the actuator on the manifold itself. Again any details on the size and type? Some pics of the bonnet rib that has been cut away would be useful, or indeed any other preferable solution (to avoid cutting). Finally any pics of setups including locations of items in the bay would help.

By the way, any powdercoated ones, or should i use high temp paint?

Many thanks.

Lots of old links are now dead due to dwindling numbers and the Facebook revolution...

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?6862263-Schrick-VGI-Installation-and-Information#/topics/6862263

When I get around to fitting mine I’ll place a blob of blue tac where the mani fouls the bonnet and a blob of emulsion paint on that that will transfer to the reinforcement as the bonnet is gently closed

Thanks Dox, good link. Btw can the Facebook page be used/accessed if you don't have an account? Any links please?

Thanks Dox, good link. Btw can the Facebook page be used/accessed if you don't have an account? Any links please?

There is nothing on FB as far as I'm aware, my comment was due to the FB steam train forums are closing and databases lost etc, photobucket is killing off forums too

Iv got the original instructions if you want them

I can send you sime pics of the bonnet bit aswell

Mines in buts at the moment again but if you want pics then i can whats apo you them over instead of messing around resizing pictures in here

Iv got the original instructions if you want them

I can send you sime pics of the bonnet bit aswell

Mines in buts at the moment again but if you want pics then i can whats apo you them over instead of messing around resizing pictures in here

Bourbon that would be great. I'll pm you my email address. Many thanks.

No problem ill nip outside before i set of for work and take some pics

If i remember correctly some corrados dont hit on the bonnet bit , not sure why just depends on the car i think

When i pit the controller in i tie wrapped it to the top of the ecu wire bundle just before if connects to the ecu , this way if your folage seal ever gets clogged up it wont flood the area and wet the controller

afa3a14f6809ac462aea0e2c234a237b.jpg

a1c6c33edc2971227b5c1abbd0c5da08.jpg

Blue = tach signal (tap into green/black) PIN 22 at ECU

2de63b009560bc4e311cec8da419f6d1.jpg

90946260326bba59ab5394472666768e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Dox

Ok just getting underway with this. Ive soldered the controller to the ecu connector and it will stay under the scuttle by the ecu. I might put some double-sided tape and stick it to the top of the ecu.

Where is the best place to mount the vacuum control unit? And can you get the plastic cable clips for the ht leads anywhere?

Manifold installed - found its easier to fit the lower portion first and then fit the top afterwards.

What do you do about the earthing bracket that clamps to the back of the block? Because of the shape of the schrick it wont fit. Thanks

There is nothing on FB as far as I'm aware, my comment was due to the FB steam train forums are closing and databases lost etc, photobucket is killing off forums too

Yes, this worries me. The thing with Facebook is its easy and it works.

The photobucket thing really hit the forums hard imo.

Almost there but cant find any suitable places to mount the vacuum tank and solenoid. Any suggestions?

Almost there but cant find any suitable places to mount the vacuum tank and solenoid. Any suggestions?

My vacuum tank lives down with the horns behind the bumper, it's for the Climatronic but I used to use it for the Schrick too before I sold it. I mounted the solenoid on the bulkhead.