_Matt_

Newbie - Herts / White VR6

Hey all,

Newbie here. Just picked up a totally standard '95 N Reg Candy White VR6. Seems rare in it's colour combo and I quite like my semi rare cars; my daily driver is a '13 Seat Exeo Sport tech which most people haven't heard of!

Seems to be in good overall condition with lots of history. Couple of nice little surprise 1) the First Aid kit still in it's original shrink wrap nad 2) it still has its original number plate surrounds along with delivery paperwork.

Just waiting to get her serviced before I give her a proper run (although she survived the 60 mile drive back from the seller just fine).

Couple of rust scabs in the door sills (underneath some plastic trim), guessing it needs new door seals and against some rust around the drain holes on the boot lid.

Plans are to keep it standard but tidy up rust patches and get it undersealed. Longer term I'll see how the engine holds up but it sounds fine and doesn't appear to puff any of the blue stuff! She's done 150k and has mostly had yearly services. No paperwork of chains or engine work. I expect to rebuild at some point but hopefully that will be a few years away.

I live in Hertfordshire (Potters Bar). The car also has a Corrado Club GB sticker on the back so i've signed up there too. It would be nice to talk to one of the previous owners if they are still on there.

Pictures to follow.

Hello, welcome and enjoy your new car. A great choice.

Unless you are planning to do a high mileage, it probably best to use your funds to get the bodywork repaired rather than look for problems with the engine.

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Yes bodywork and undersealing + any repairs is the top of the list. I'm just waiting on getting it serviced before using it.

Some pictures...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]91597[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]91606[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]91603[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]91600[/ATTACH]

Some pictures...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]91597[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]91606[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]91603[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]91600[/ATTACH]

I've got one like that!!!

Check out that speedy engine! 96105312f7e7329662997ca88eb6645c.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk