stumvr6

Found a disconnected wire and plug below the fan asbly

Well just replaced my thermostat and on getting everything back together I noticed a yellow/black single wire with a single female spade connector encased in the OEM white plastic connector hanging down by the starter motor. It has the original loom tape a few inches back from the connector and is part of the loom directly below the radiator fan connector. Can anyone tell me where this connects? I’ve had a look around and cannot find anything around the thermostat block/ gearbox area for it to go onto. Not sure if its accidently come off when I was removing hoses etc for the thermostat housing to come out, or if its been off for a while. Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Stu

Its quite notorious! Doesn't connect to anything so nothing to worry about. Just an additional wire vw added, for external diagnostics i believe.

As Fla said, just a wire for optional extra. It's either diagnostics or for the cubby hole gauge, oil temp/pressure.

Thanks to all! Thats a big relief! It will be secured and taped up. Spent a week trying to fix leaks after separating the thermostat and sensor housing. I bought a replacement from GSF and ended up fitting the old one back on in the end......between the thermostat housing, sliding pipe o-ring failing, it was never ending. Must have had it off and back on about 8 times.