seanl82

Manual vacuum brake bleeder recommendations

As in title Gents. I only have an eazybleed at the moment and it's pants. Can anyone recommend a decent hand vacuum tool for a reasonable price? Seen the mityvac but has mixed reviews and worried it won't provide enough vacuum pressure, so any other suggestions welcome. It's not just for the Corrado so will have occasional use on others.

Thanks all. :thumbleft:

I use a pressure one. Sealey item I believe, and it certainly makes Bleeding brakes easier

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Does that connect to the reservoir then and push fluid through like the eazybleed? My reluctance to use pressure bleeders is just that I've ended up with a reservoir with fluid full of air bubbles quite a few times now so end up spending ages draining it all and starting again

Yes, it connects with a special cap on the reservoir. I've always used this model, and never had any issues once it's not over pressurised. Works much better than using the spare tyre. Your only other option is the two man gravity method I think, but that's a pain.

The Sealey VS820.V4 won the group test in the February Car Mechanic's magazine. Can be bought for about £45 if you shop around.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

I also have the sealy pump version, very good tool. Just remember to clean it out after use, fill the reservoir with water and pump it through the pipe, then dry it all out.

If you get the Sealy vs80 model, make sure you get the angled attachment that connects to the cap, the older, straight version is limited compared because it can foul on the bulkhead of cars like Vauxhalls that have the brake fluid container recessed into the bulk head.

I use gravity to bleed brakes,clutch systems works fine for me

Get a clear tube go from the bleed nipple into a container,crack the bleed nipple then get a cup of tea

I've got the sealey one as above now. Thanks for all the recommendations gents, much appreciated. :thumbleft: